Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Mount Holyoke College. As of Monday, March 15, 2021, new vacancies are publicized on our new site, careers.mtholyoke.edu. If you are interested in viewing and applying for career opportunities, please access the new site.
If you applied for a position prior to March 15, 2021, and need to update your application, please continue to use this site.
The Human Resources and Dean of Faculty Teams are here to support you during your career search. If you have any questions, please follow up with the Human Resources Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 413-538-2503 and the Dean of Faculty Office at 413-538-3093 or email at email@example.com
Housekeeper (3) (#1004)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Facilities Management
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
INTERNAL POSTING: FULL-TIME HOUSEKEEPER
POSTING PERIOD: February 5, 2021 – February 23, 2021
Mount Holyoke College has three (3) full-time, 40 hour-per-week housekeeper positions open in its Facilities Management department. These position are fully benefited. Applicants must be available to work a flexible schedule. Shift is typically 6:00 am to 2:30 pm and may include one weekend day. Occasional evening, holiday and overtime assignments will be required.
Job responsibilities include:
- General cleaning tasks at campus buildings
- Sweeping, vacuuming and washing floors
- Emptying waste receptacles
- Cleaning and disinfecting bathroom toilets, showers, countertops, mirrors, sinks and high touch surfaces
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Communicate building and safety concerns, report need for repair or services
- Additional duties related to Commencement, Reunion, Events and Summer Conferences as assigned
Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Adhere to a detailed cleaning program
- Operate cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools.
- Follow safety protocol, includes cleaning chemical usage and storage
Physical Demands & Working Conditions include:
- Lifting up to 30 pounds, good motor skills, the ability to exert force to move objects, perform repetitive motion tasks, stair climbing, bending/crouching, pushing, pulling
Preference will be given to candidates with previous cleaning experience. Final decision made by hiring manager.
Interested applicants should apply online at https://jobs.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff and students.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is a women's college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.