Designer, Print and Digital (#467)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Communications & Marketing
- Search Status:
- Interviewing Candidates - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
The Mount Holyoke College Office of Communications & Marketing (The Office) serves as the official voice of Mount Holyoke College to news media worldwide and works to elevate the College’s reputation by promoting its rich traditions and the accomplishments of its faculty, students, and alumnae. The Office is responsible for the oversight and development of the College’s website, mtholyoke.edu, and leads the planning, coordination, and implementation of integrated marketing and communication plans that support the mission of Mount Holyoke College. The Office manages presidential communications; internal communication to faculty, students, and staff; and external communication to alumnae, parents, and the general public. The Office delivers a wide range of traditional, digital, and social media services. The Office coordinates with communications professionals across the College on communications issues and projects, provides leadership to the Campus Communicators Group, and advises on communications policy with senior officers.
The Office of Communications & Marketing is seeking a qualified designer to help steward the vision and mission of the Mount Holyoke brand. Under the direction and management of the Director of Branding & Creative Services, the design candidate will conceptualize, design, and coordinate a variety of professional, creative, and custom print and digital deliverables in accordance with established brand standards and high-quality design expectations. The ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment when working directly with campus partners is required. The position is detail-oriented and deadline-driven, requiring the candidate to manage multiple assignments while maintaining a high level of design creativity and positive relationships. Upholding organizational processes consistent with the business practices of the business unit is a critical part of the job.
Under the leadership of the Director of Branding & Creative Services, the Designer is responsible for developing and implementing creative designs for all types of traditional, digital, and social marketing materials for the College, including print collateral, emails and enewsletters, digital and print ads, web pages, and other digital assets for social media and the website. The Designer will ensure that all graphics, logos, photography, illustrations, and communications adhere to College brand standards across communications channels. The ideal candidate will have strong digital/interactive design skills, interpersonal, and creative skills.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Under the direction of the Director of Branding & Creative Services, designs and executes creative materials for traditional, digital, and social channels including but not limited to: print collateral, web and mobile experiences, email templates, infographics, presentations, posters, logos, signage, iconography, etc.
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Branding & Creative Services and various stakeholders to deliver creative materials on schedule and on budget
- Executes a variety of small- to medium-sized projects simultaneously
- Helps to manage the storage of digital assets and other design resources such as fonts, illustrations, design files, photography, releases, etc.
- Takes initiative to propose ideas and solutions to meet business goals
- Expresses complex ideas in simple, creative, and appealing ways
- Communicates openly with multiple team members regarding project updates
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Graduate from an accredited college with a BFA in Graphic Design preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of current design industry best practices and trends required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in print and digital/interactive design in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required
- Thorough knowledge of full Adobe suite required (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom specifically); knowledge of CSS and HTML preferred
- Experience with website usability and web design, mobile design, and email design best practices required
- Thorough knowledge of print production required
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to use language accurately and creatively, to recognize and use correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- An aptitude for photography with technical knowledge of current digital equipment
- Strong communication skills and experience consulting directly with stakeholders
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and demonstrate exceptional organizational and communication skills
- A great attitude, open to constructive feedback, and a great team player
- Occasional weekend and evening work required
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in education and employment.