Administrative Assistant (#516)
- Hiring Range:
- $16.00 – $18.00 Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Staff in President's Office
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
The Office of the President at Mount Holyoke College seeks an administrative assistant to work 30 hours per week on a 12-month schedule. This position is an integral part of the administrative team and provides administrative support and coordination in the Office of the President, while working collaboratively across the College to support the wider Mount Holyoke community.
Under the direction of the Chief of Staff, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide support to and collaborate with the President and her Chief of Staff, the Senior Advisor and Secretary of the College, and the Special Assistant to the President.
- Be responsible for greeting guests and creating a welcoming environment. Maintain a professional demeanor at all times and exhibit tact and discretion.
- Assist with the management of the President’s calendar and prepare materials, including travel itineraries, event briefings.
- Assist with calendaring, planning, and supporting presidential programs and events. This will include but not be limited to scheduling attendees, making room reservations, ordering refreshments, and setting up meeting spaces.
- Process expenses and reimbursements, complete budget reconciliations on a monthly basis, and ensure compliance with Mount Holyoke’s financial policies and procedures. Experience working with budgets and accounting systems a plus
- Prepare other reports, documents, and spreadsheets as needed.
- Meticulously maintain electronic and Google Drive files. Update and assist with maintenance of Google Sites and other electronic resources.
- Other responsibilities include general office tasks such as filing and other clerical work, maintaining office equipment, ordering supplies, and providing general administrative support as needed.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to prioritize work duties, and demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and transition quickly between projects to address specific situations, and to manage multiple, concurrent projects, and meet strict deadlines.
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel, and Google Apps are required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use accounting systems to process and track expenses, payments and reimbursements and the ability to resolve financial questions and problems related to these activities.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently on a wide variety of projects.
- Good judgment in decision-making and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication capacities, including proofreading skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and courteous manner with internal and external community members, and to provide quality customer service in a responsive and helpful manner.
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills, the ability to interact professionally with a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students, and to manage relationships and collaborate with other college departments and offices.
We seek an energetic, hardworking individual who will thrive in a public-facing and community-oriented environment, and who possesses excellent organizational and time-management skills. Three to five years of work experience in an office environment, preferably in higher education, is highly desirable.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, list of three professional references (to be contacted only in the final interview stage) and a professional writing sample (e.g. formal correspondence, brochures, reports, etc. that demonstrate technological and communication skills).
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.