Business Analyst (#519)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Office of Student Success
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
Mount Holyoke College is seeking applications for the position of Business Analyst for Office of Student Success and Advising.
The business analyst for the Office of Student Success and Advising will have two primary responsibilities. The first focuses on the implementation, launch and ongoing support and maintenance of the College’s new advising software solution. The second responsibility is the data management of student information within the existing student information system and the new advising software solution within the Office of Student Success and Advising.
The business analyst will assume primary responsibility for the on-going project management of the College’s advising software solution including the coordination of communications, management of project timelines, cultivation of stakeholder participation (e.g, faculty, staff, and students), and other duties as assigned. The business analyst will also serve as the primary person responsible for working with other offices and departments across campus to translate their business processes to the advising software solution. In addition, the business analyst will be responsible for maintaining the relationship with the vendor, coordinating technical support, managing the contract, and procuring professional services. The business analyst will function as the point of contact for business processes with the advising software vendor (supported by a technology contact within the Library and Information Technology team). The business analyst will be asked to attend conferences relevant to the maintenance of the software solution as well as those related to the implementation of the solution to meet various constituents needs (e.g., advising, case management). Following the implementation of the software solution, the business analyst will serve as the primary liaison providing support as appropriate.
Service Support and Promotion
The business analyst is responsible for the development of documentation and support materials related to the advising software including management of web pages with support information, training and informational handouts.
The business analyst will lead data management efforts with the Office of Student Success and Advising including the development and management of relevant and required reports. The management of data within the office requires a clear understanding of the office’s business processes and workflows. The business analyst will work closely with the Director and Associate Director as well as others within the Office and across campus. The business analyst will play a key role in the office’s mission to make data informed decisions about policies and practices that impact student success. The individual will need to be highly detailed oriented, collaborative, hard-working, and responsive to constructive feedback.
Requirement / Skills
- Experience with Student Information Systems such as Ellucian Colleague or Banner, PeopleSoft or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Experience with configuring administrative applications, and workflow and form development
- Extensive knowledge of various reporting methods and tools including MS Excel, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, or Informer.
- Experience with development, test, and production software cycles preferred including the ability to work with vendors to identify “bugs” and work to resolve errors
- Project management experience required
- Experience providing and delivering end-user support and technology training desired
- The individual will need to be highly detailed oriented, collaborative, hard-working, and responsive to constructive feedback
- Experience with FERPA and other data privacy regulations desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
Submit letter of Interest, resume and names and contact information for three professional references
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in education and employment.