Administrative Assistant/Parking Coordinator (#522)
- Hiring Range:
- $ – $16.00 Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Campus Police
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
The Campus Police Department for Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith Colleges is looking for an Administrative Assistant/Parking Coordinator for the Smith College campus. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously. This person will have strong organizational skills and will be detail-oriented. They will be flexible and willing to take on new projects, while being positive and having excellent communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees Smith College’s parking system; issues decals, processes citations, reconcile online payments; receive and process in-person payments; and manage college’s Opt-Out Program
- Staff a service window for department customers; provide assistance, information, and referrals
- Provide administrative support to the Chief and Deputy Chief by acting as the receptionist, responding to all constituent inquires and assist with additional projects on an as needed basis
- Maintain the Chief’s calendar, files, and records
- Assures a segment of college Clery compliance by compiling and posting a daily crime and fire log
- Assures workflow for department records including police reports
- Maintains office equipment and supplies; provides liaison to service companies and departments to assure consistent equipment operation
- Participates in the maintenance of campus emergency response materials including contact lists
- Functions as an administrative support team member and assists coworkers in other areas as necessary
- Hires, trains, and supervises student office assistants
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Three to five years’ experience in a fast-paced office, preferably as administrative assistant
- High school or college concentration in business skills preferable
- Excellent customer service skills; able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of information and records
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Highly organized and efficient with strong organizational skills
- Able to work with distractions
- Demonstrated reliability
- Attention to detail and able to prepare professional correspondence, documentation, and records
About the Hiring Process
Eligible candidates will undergo a process involving an interview, personal background check, and reference check. The screening process typically lasts approximately 3-5 weeks depending upon the applicant pool. The Department encourages qualified candidates to apply even if they have applied previously.
About the Department
The Campus Police Department is a State of Massachusetts accredited progressive community policing agency with a strong service orientation. Successful applicants must be able to work with diverse constituencies and be sensitive to multicultural issues.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in education and employment.