Part-Time Senior Administrative Assistant (#524)
- Hiring Range:
- $ – $20.00 Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Weissman Center for Leadership and the Liberal Arts
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
The Communty-Based Learning Program (CBL), under the auspices of the Weissman Center for Leadership and the Liberal Arts, seeks a part-time Senior Administrative Assistant. This position is a 10-12 hours per week, 11-month position and is non-benefited.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide guidance and create a welcoming environment for students and assist in the representation of the CBL Program as appropriate.
- Manage CBL and C.A.U.S.E. budgets including core program budget, endowed funds, grants and special allocations/funds.
Payroll management, including:
-Direct management and processing of CBL Fellows' (35-40)
-Monitoring and tracking of Off-Campus Work-Study and
America Reads/America Counts electronic timesheet processing
(handled directly between partner sites amd tje Student Employment office)
for approximately 40 additional students.
- Record all expenditures in internal budget tracking documents, and reconcile with periodic "Report to Web" (R2W) College reports.
- Make occasional purchases, submit check requests and invoices.
- Complete documentation and submit expenses for adminstrative and student staff projects, including events, food and material purchases, travel expenses, etc.
Maintain Excel spreadsheet and periodically report on finances. Manage receipts for purchases, travel, and organize submission of documentation for PCards for CBL staff.
Community-based Student Employment Management:
- Distribution, collection and maintenance of Off-Campus Federal Work-Study organizational partnership agreements/memoranda of understanding, and student employment contracts.
- Support Financial and Regulatory Compliance for OCWS
-Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant laws and regulations concerning
off-campus federal work-study/America Reads/America Counts
-Support and implement policies and practices concerning background checks
-Collaborate with other offices on campus to achieve compliance,
including risk assessment and financial services
- Collection and maintenance of Community Fellowships Learning Agreements which serve as student employment contracts with external partner organizations.
- Support and maintain positive, sustainable, and responsive external relationships with CBL student employers and program partners.
Additional Adminstrative Duties:
- Maintain program electronic and print files
- Compile data and produce reports.
- Support event planning and implementation and program communications as available.
- Support CBL Program courses (CUSP 100, 202 and 203) with scanning, copying, etc.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in an academic environment
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office; Intermediate experience with Excel (ability to produce and manage spreadsheets)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and writing)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with budgets
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment that is team oriented
- Ability to work with a diverse student and staff population
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in education and employment.