Head Cross Country Coach and Assistant Track and Field Coach (#533)
- Hiring Range:
- $30,000 – $ Annually
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Physical Education & Athletics
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Part-Time Coaching Position Available
Part-time (30 hours per week) coaching position available to begin July 1, 2017. The successful candidate is expected to lead and manage all aspects of a competitive varsity cross country program in the highly competitive NEWMAC conference. This individual will also serve as an assistant coach for track and field.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement strategies to successfully recruit, yield, and retain a diverse group of academically and athletically talented student-athletes.
- Organize, manage, and schedule practices, training programs, and meets.
- Develop and manage sport and recruiting budgets for cross country.
- Manage team travel and meals in consultation with department coordinator.
- Complete administrative tasks and meet deadlines for a variety of items impacting other department colleagues (e.g., medical clearance, rosters, schedule).
- Ensure replacement of equipment and maintenance of facilities in consultation with associate director of athletics for facilities.
- Identify, develop, and supervise assistant cross country coach.
- Assist with the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the track and field program.
- Promote a culture of compliance by working with the associate director of athletics for programming to complete necessary NCAA paperwork, staying informed of sport and governance body rule changes to minimize violations, and in the case of violations or problems, reporting them without delay for immediate attention.
- Promote a culture of health, well-being, and safety in all aspects of the varsity sport program.
- Participate on department and College committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires a demonstrated record of coaching success, the ability to work well with student-athletes and colleagues, a working knowledge and respect for NCAA Division III rules, and the ability to function effectively in a competitive liberal arts NCAA Division III college with highly selective academic standards. A competitive applicant must demonstrate success in recruiting a diverse and talented team of student-athletes from a national pool. Candidates with a Master’s degree (or current progress toward its completion) will receive strong consideration.
Twelve month position at $30,000 with benefits.
Apply online at www.mtholyoke.edu/hr/employment. Include letter of application, resume, and the names, titles, emails, and phone numbers of three references. To be assured full consideration, all application materials should be received no later than May 31. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.