PaGE Assistant Director (#546)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in SummerMath for Teachers
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Mount Holyoke College has the following opening in its Professional and Graduate Education (PaGE) program for an Assistant Director. This is a full-time, year-round, benefited position.
The Assistant Director (AD) works with the MA in Mathematics Teaching program and the Mathematics Leadership Programs, offered through the Professional and Graduate Education division at Mount Holyoke College. The Assistant Director provides operational oversight of the programs, including planning, directing, and evaluating academic programs to accomplish the long-term and short-term goals of the institution. Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the program courses, course scheduling, orientation(s), and faculty staffing. Ensure the timely submission of grades and grading standards. Oversee the process for managing grade complaints, challenges and appeals. Analyze faculty and course data, produce detailed faculty and course reports, and provide recommendations for course and faculty needs across the program(s). Manage the outcomes assessment/assurance of learning process for the program(s)
- Helps ensure the program meets all accreditation standards.
- Advise students and monitor student progress. Ensure academic processes and policies are followed (e.g., drop/add, withdraw, academic probation, academic dishonesty, etc.). Resolve student and faculty issues or concerns. Address academic-related questions around policies and procedures, course scheduling, course preparation, etc. Collect, analyze, and make recommendations based on student feedback data in order to determine student satisfaction, degree completion rates, and job placement rates. Ensures proper reporting and administration of program requirements.
- Supports College efforts in achieving enrollment goals. Responsible for program communications and special events. Assists in developing Marketing Plans and promoting the program. Conduct market research in an effort to identify industry trends, develop benchmarks, evaluate competitors, and make recommendations for program development.
- Leads the program(s) Admissions Committee, works with prospective students through the admissions process, and awards institutional aid (e.g., scholarships and graduate assistantships).
- Responsible for helping develop and manage the program budgets, resource planning, policies, and procedures.
- Supervise staff, office support and student employees; exercise authority or make effective recommendations for hiring, promotions, salary adjustments, and any other change of status.
- Works with stakeholders, including other campus divisions, strategic partners, outside agencies, and alum.
- Assists the director in professional engagement efforts and program development.
- Support the director with projects and tasks as needed.
Required Education: Masters degree
Preferred Education: PhD, EdD, or other Terminal Degree.
Required Experience: 3-5 years' relevant/progressive experience or an equivalent combination. Must include experience planning and implementing administrative activities.
Preferred Experience: Experience in a higher education environment.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute tactically. Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of institutional policies and activities. Must be able to work well in a changing environment and practice creative problem solving. Ability to market programs, solve problems and interact with individuals at all levels. Basic business math and the ability to manage a budget.
Apply online with an updated resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. Include A written statement/writing sample per the following subject matter: What are some of the challenges in mathematics education and what role could professional learning play in addressing these challenges?
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in education and employment.