External Relations Coordinator (#548)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Career Development Center
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Mount Holyoke is currently searching for an External Relations Coordinator to manage, organize, and carry out the responsibilities of the external relations program of the Career Development Center. This position provides administrative and logistical support for onsite programs and works in close collaboration with the other members of the External Relations team to support a comprehensive employer and alumnae engagement effort. The position is supervised by the Senior Associate Director of External Relations.
The Coordinator will:
- Utilize information systems and calendars for employer communications, career fairs, on-campus recruiting, resume referral, job listing services, resume collections and interview.
- Assist in the promotion and advertising of information sessions and events
- Coordinate events, programs, travel, logistics, reservations and supplies and provide general administrative support
- Attend programs with employers and alumnae (on-campus recruiting events, career fairs, and other external relations events) and provide on-site staff support during programs.
- Communicate with and provide high-quality service and support to employers, alumni, students, faculty and other constituents (in person, via telephone or through e-mail)
- Maintain accurate records of external relations interactions with employers and alumnae
- Conduct research for specific projects and external relations initiatives
- Check and maintain the general on-campus recruiting email account
- Vet opportunities to ensure the validity and accuracy of employment postings
- Respond to student inquiries in relation to accessing employment and internship opportunities
- Manage the on-line job posting system via a software platform (currently Symplicity)
- Assist with researching hiring trends to identify new employment opportunities.
- Leverage the on-campus recruitment system to survey/analyze/report employer needs, develop employer services, promote services to employers
- Responsible for preparing employment opportunity updates for the CDC advising team
- Train and supervise student staff
- Provide coverage for the main CDC reception desk when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Potential for the Coordinator to provide some direct student advising support is possible, depending on experience and qualifications.
This is an 12-month, full-time position. Qualifications include:
- Technical proficiency including Excel/mail merge/databases
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of community and diversity, and the ability and desire to effectively and consistently relate to a diverse student population
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and occasional weekends as needed (particularly heavy weeknight evenings during September/October and February/ March)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, employers, alumnae and administrators
- Strong relationship building, program management, event planning, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to supervise student assistants
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong customer focus, attention to detail
- Highly detail-oriented, flexible, strong organizational and time management skills
- Program and event planning experience
- Knowledge of Symplicity and experience working with CRM tools and systems a plus.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in education and employment.