- Hiring Range:
- $ – $28.82 Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Bargaining Unit in Facilities Management
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
- Assist with the maintenance of the College’s lock system and security it provides.
- In the absence of the Lead Locksmith organize, prioritize and schedule locksmith work.
- Remain current, with State, Federal and Local statutes related to Security, Life Safety/Fire Safety.
- When directed by the Carpentry Supervisor respond to the College’s carpentry needs as well as locksmith needs, during normal working hours and on overtime – including ‘call-ins’.
- Develop and maintain knowledge from general code books for all types of locks.
- Install, maintain, repair and replace hardware, locks, panic devices, door closers, and doors.
- Set up bittings, pin and re-key all types of cylinders and padlocks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all door hardware, panic devices, door closers and hinges.
- Repair and replace all types of locks for doors and cabinets.
- Maintain a key code system and cut keys by code.
- Maintain a record of all keys that are issued to departments.
- In put data into the computerized work order system to record time and work order information.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License and willingness to use own vehicle for work assignments.
- Five to ten years’ experience working exclusively, or nearly exclusively as a locksmith, preferably as an institutional locksmith.
- Primary familiarity with the Best Lock System and with S.F.I.C. and familiarity with Corbin key systems and locks.
- The ability to work independently, with others within the Department, and with others outside the Department.
- A willingness to work overtime – particularly during summer months - and call-in assignments.
- Demonstrated skills related to organizing, record keeping, and prioritizing.
- Familiarity with Locksmith Software, Excel, and Word.
- Familiarity with electrified hardware and wireless systems – preferably Schlage.
- Familiarity with Von Duprin, Door-o-Matic and precision exit devices.
- A working knowledge of automatic door openers – specifically Gyro-tech 710’s; LCN digitally controlled and pneumatic operators.
- A familiarity with basic carpentry.
- Good communication skills.
- A working knowledge of basic key control and security.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in education and employment.