- Hiring Range:
- $ – $28.82 Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Bargaining Unit in Facilities Management
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
- Assist with the maintenance of the College’s lock system and security it provides.
- In the absence of the Lead Locksmith organize, prioritize and schedule locksmith work.
- Remain current, with State, Federal and Local statutes related to Security, Life Safety/Fire Safety.
- When directed by the Carpentry Supervisor respond to the College’s carpentry needs as well as locksmith needs, during normal working hours and on overtime – including ‘call-ins’.
- Develop and maintain knowledge from general code books for all types of locks.
- Install, maintain, repair and replace hardware, locks, panic devices, door closers, and doors.
- Set up bittings, pin and re-key all types of cylinders and padlocks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all door hardware, panic devices, door closers and hinges.
- Repair and replace all types of locks for doors and cabinets.
- Maintain a key code system and cut keys by code.
- Maintain a record of all keys that are issued to departments.
- In put data into the computerized work order system to record time and work order information.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License and willingness to use own vehicle for work assignments.
- Five to ten years’ experience working exclusively, or nearly exclusively as a locksmith, preferably as an institutional locksmith.
- Primary familiarity with the Best Lock System and with S.F.I.C. and familiarity with Corbin key systems and locks.
- The ability to work independently, with others within the Department, and with others outside the Department.
- A willingness to work overtime – particularly during summer months - and call-in assignments.
- Demonstrated skills related to organizing, record keeping, and prioritizing.
- Familiarity with Locksmith Software, Excel, and Word.
- Familiarity with electrified hardware and wireless systems – preferably Schlage.
- Familiarity with Von Duprin, Door-o-Matic and precision exit devices.
- A working knowledge of automatic door openers – specifically Gyro-tech 710’s; LCN digitally controlled and pneumatic operators.
- A familiarity with basic carpentry.
- Good communication skills.
- A working knowledge of basic key control and security.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.