Digital Designer (#560)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Communications & Marketing
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
The Mount Holyoke College Office of Communications and Marketing serves as the official voice of Mount Holyoke College and works to elevate the College’s reputation by promoting the accomplishments of its faculty, students and alumnae. The Communications Office leads the planning, coordination and execution of integrated marketing and communication plans that support the mission of Mount Holyoke College. The Communications Office is also responsible for the oversight and development of the College website, mtholyoke.edu, and delivers a wide range of traditional, digital and social media services.
The Office of Communications & Marketing is seeking a digital designer to help steward the Mount Holyoke brand by designing multi-channel creative content, primarily for social media, video, digital signage and the College website and blog. The primary responsibility of the Digital Designer is digital asset creation, and image processing and production for content delivery, but the role is also involved in print, video and web design. Strong ability to integrate digital design with editorial content is preferred.
Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications and in close collaboration with the Director of Branding & Creative Services and the marketing and web teams, the Digital Designer will conceptualize, design and coordinate a variety of custom digital deliverables, including digital advertising, campus signage, assets for social media and the website and blog, and emails and newsletters. The Digital Designer will also be called upon to assist in designing print collateral. The Digital Designer will ensure that all graphics, logos, photography, illustrations and iconography adhere to College brand standards across communications channels.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Creates visual and graphic design assets for a range of digital and social environments including video, social and other forms of digital media
- Designs print collateral
- Routinely collaborates with creative, marketing and web teams, and various campus stakeholders to deliver creative assets on schedule and on budget
- Helps to manage the storage of digital assets and other design resources such as fonts, illustrations, design files, video, photography, releases, etc.
- Proactively proposes creative ideas and solutions to meet institutional goals
- Communicates openly with multiple stakeholders regarding project updates and deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Graduate from an accredited college with a degree in a related field (Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Video Production, Digital Media)
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic or digital design with strong conceptual, design, illustration and typography skills
- Knowledge of digital media and digital content delivery technology, as well as strong ability to integrate design with editorial content
- Thorough knowledge of full Adobe suite, CSS and HTML
- Experience with website usability and design, mobile design and email design best practices
- Experience with video post-production tools such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro; motion graphics, animation skills preferred
- Experience in and familiarity with digital signage platforms and related technologies preferred
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Occasional weekend and evening work required
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.