Student Financial Services/Financial Aid Counselor (#2) (#571)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Student Financial Services
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
Student Financial Services (SFS) at Mount Holyoke College combines the functions of financial aid, student accounts, and educational financing. SFS has an immediate opening for a Student Financial Services/Financial Aid Counselor.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Advises students and their families on all aspects of financial aid including application procedures, processes, eligibility, appeals, costs and resources
- Advises students on student billing and payment options
- Provides loan counseling to students
- Utilizes PowerFAIDS, the financial aid system
- Performs federal verification procedures
- Assists with awarding and disbursing financial aid funds
- Assists in answering phone, email, and in-person inquiries.
- Assists with the distribution of office voice mails and emails
- Assists with training and supervision of student office assistants.
- Assists with document and communication tracking of financial aid materials and correspondence
- Assists with the loading and review of CSS Profile and IDOC files
- Assists with external communications including aid notifications, missing information notices, website updates, and social media
- Assists with graduate student financial aid awarding and loan counseling.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records in compliance with Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Assists with projects and special assignments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years relevant experience in a financial aid office preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of laws/regulations and policies pertaining to financial aid
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel) and Google apps
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to initiate, anticipate, and respond to a variety of issues and situations in a calm, friendly, and professional manner
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy in creating and maintaining data, records, and report information and dispensing information
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in education and employment.