Administrative Assistant (#588)
- Hiring Range:
- $ – $16.50 Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Career Development Center
- Search Status:
- Interviewing Candidates - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Mount Holyoke College seeks applications for a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 12- month Administrative Assistant in the Career Development Center.
This position will be the front face and initial point of contact for the Career Development Center, ensuring that visitors have the highest quality experience with the CDC and that systems run smoothly and efficiently in a lively office providing over 6000 student advising sessions and hundreds of consultations with alumnae and employers annually. We are looking for a resourceful, service-oriented person who enjoys working in a diverse, dynamic, fast-paced professional work environment. This person will have an essential role greeting and guiding visitors including students, alumnae, and employers into the CDC and supporting overall CDC efficiency.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: greeting and supporting students and visitors; answering incoming phone calls; scheduling student appointments and conducting initial triage in order to direct students to appropriate CDC and campus resources; reading and answering/directing incoming e-mail and mail; entering data and managing data entry processes; training, coordinating, and supervising a team of student employees who assist with reception responsibilities; scheduling meetings, note-taking, and maintaining organized records and materials for the CDC; supporting the Director and providing support for the office at large.
- Excellent in-person and telephone customer service, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for all visitors and callers.
- Clear and professional written communication, especially email communication.
- Calm and professional demeanor when responding to multiple calls or visitors simultaneously, and when receiving complaints or concerns.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly with attention to detail in an energetic environment and an open work space.
- Experience with scheduling appointments for clients and using good judgment to assess needs and refer clients to the correct staff or resources.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail, with a strong track record of reliability and efficient follow-through on tasks and projects.
- High level of computer proficiency and comfort with systems such as online calendars and databases; able to learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of community and diversity, and the ability and desire to work effectively with diverse students, alumnae, and employers from domestic and international locations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships with undergraduate students, staff, faculty, alumnae, and employers.
- Reliable and punctual attendance, with the ability to work a fixed schedule of 8:30-5:00pm on weekdays. Occasional evening and weekend work is possible, but not typical.
- Ability to carefully follow confidentiality procedures, especially with regard to student information.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate will have progressively responsible experience as an administrative assistant, receptionist, or customer service professional. Experience training and supervising others who provide customer service is preferred. A combination of formal education and work experience is required
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in education and employment.