Post-Baccalaureate Library & Instructional Technology Specialist (#594)
- Hiring Range:
- $17.00 – $ Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Library, Information & Technology Services
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
The Post-Baccalaureate Library and Instructional Technology Specialist is designed to afford a recent Mount Holyoke graduate the opportunity to extend their education and launch their professional career while supporting the work of the Research and Instructional Support (RIS) team within Library, Information, and Technology Services (LITS). The position will introduce the incumbent to a range of skills and experiences in using and supporting library tools and instructional technologies in an academic environment. This is a 9.5-month, full-time, non-exempt, limited term (Oct 15, 2017-July 1, 2018) position.
Specific Duties: Works closely with RIS colleagues to:
- Respond to inquiries from the campus community about RIS and LITS resources and services
- Assist librarians in preparing for and providing information literacy instruction.
- Provide technical support and instruction for academic software such as Moodle, WordPress, PollEverywhere, and Zoom Videoconferencing.
- Test, evaluate, and document library and instructional technology tools supported and maintained by RIS.
- Staff RIS service points such as the Research Help Desk, Media Teaching Area, and Language Resource Center.
- Complete departmental and course support projects.
- Participate in one or more RIS committees.
- Contribute to LITS efforts around outreach to the campus community in person and online.
Other duties based on organizational need and successful candidate’s expertise and interests.
- Bachelor’s degree awarded by Mount Holyoke College in May 2014 or later.
- Demonstrated experience with new technologies and/or library research methods and tools.
- Eagerness and ability to learn new tasks and technologies quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with any of the specific or related tools listed above.
- Experience doing an intensive research project (e.g. thesis or independent study)
- Experience working in a library.
- Experience teaching, tutoring, or providing other instruction.
- Interest in pursuing a career in research, libraries, and/or instructional technology.
The Post-Baccalaureate Library & Instructional Technology Specialist is part of the Research and Instructional Support (RIS) group. RIS works with students and faculty, supporting curricular research and technology use through library instruction, collection development, and technology tools education and support. Examples of collaborative RIS/faculty projects are on the Teaching with LITS website.
RIS, along with the Discovery and Access group, the Technology Infrastructure and Systems Support group, and the Campus Technology and Media Support group together comprise the Library, Information, and Technology Services Division at Mount Holyoke College.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.