Talent Acquisition Manager (#596)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Human Resources
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
JOB PURPOSE: Lead our recruiting strategy in discovering, engaging and hiring diverse high quality talent and supporting an exceptional candidate experience.
As a strategic member of the HR management team reporting to the Executive Director of HR, the Talent Acquisition Manager will partner with college stakeholders, including hiring managers, search committees and HR staff, to implement best practices in recruiting strategies, including candidate sourcing, job posting/advertising, diversity outreach, and interviewing strategies.
- Develop, implement and provide training on best practices related to talent acquisition for the college’s staff search committees. Provide guidance and tools to managers covering the entire search, hiring and onboarding process.
- Develop and implement social media strategies and other systems/processes to attract and create strong, diverse, qualified candidate pools.
- Partner with hiring managers to determine position requirements and qualifications, develop job postings, candidate profiles, and selection criteria. Advise search committees, participate in interview process, check references and make job offers. Set hiring manager/search committee expectations, develop and execute service level agreements.
- Cultivate pools of diverse potential candidates for future openings and positions that are commonly needed at the college.
- Manage Applicant Tracking System. Ensure accurate and complete documentation is maintained and appropriate metrics are tracked.
- Coordinate searches with external employment agencies and manage vendors, as needed.
- Manage HR front desk/reception area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep expertise and experience developing and implementing effective talent attraction strategies and solutions.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience in at least a medium sized (500+ employee population) complex organization, preferably in higher education or an environment with search committees or panel interviewing.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues, clients and with external organizations.
- Demonstrated respect and effectiveness working with employees of different racial, ethnic, socio-economic, sexual orientation and religious backgrounds and an authentic desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and a strong partnership with leadership and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Highly-developed interviewing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment laws applicable to the hiring of employees, including affirmative action and equal employment opportunity requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with web-based systems and recruiting sources, including the internet, social media, warm/cold calling, referrals, events, networking, publications, industry groups/associations, and job fairs.
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
Certifications and Licenses: None
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls. * - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the College will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Travel on campus to departments/buildings.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.