Catering Manager (#622)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Willits-Hallowell Center
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
Manage and coordinate the day to day, front of the house catering operations for both internal and external events. Responsible for ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Supervise both on and off premise events and maintains contact with guests and on-site contacts in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Supervises, schedules, evaluates, trains, and motivates service staff, while maintaining service and presentation standards.
- Follows disciplinary procedures utilizing counseling, verbal, and written warnings.
- Supervises function room set-ups according to printed event orders and/or event floor plans.
- Order, maintain, and inventory liquor, catering supplies, equipment, serviceware, uniforms, and audio visual equipment.
- Prepares time cards for bi-weekly payroll for service staff, bartenders, catering drivers and student staff.
- Controls labor and other operation costs.
- Prepares equipment lists for all external catering.
- Orders and maintains linen / floral supplies.
- Meets with Assistant Directors and Chef to review incoming functions.
- Holds regular staff meetings to review new policies, service standards, special events, etc.
- Ensures that all service standards are maintained.
- Coordinates with service staff, housekeeping, and Facilities Management to ensure cleanliness and maintenance of function rooms, back areas, storage rooms, and equipment.
- Communicates with the Executive Chef or Assistant Chef to control the presentation and food quality standards.
- Responds to any guest concerns or complaints.
- Assist Director in design and implementation of food and beverage promotions, setting standards, policies, and procedures
- Manager-on-duty for the Center in the absence of the Director or Assistant Directors.
- Utilizes the Delphi Catering System and makes adjustments as necessary with regards to event orders and billing of events.
- Assist with coordination of pre-event details with clients.
- Attend all necessary meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with all departments, alumnae of the college, students, parents of students, and external groups and organizations.
- Any other duties assigned by the Director.
Directly supervises – wait staff, catering drivers, bartenders, student wait staff
Indirectly supervises – dishwashers, kitchen staff in the absence of the Chef, front desk personnel, housekeeping staff
Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of two years food and beverage management experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail. Experience with event orders, point-of-sale software, as well as the operation and set-up of audio visual equipment. Must be able to work in stressful high pressure situations. Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, days, weekends, and holidays. Driver's license required and a good driving record.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Significant walking, standing, and bending
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unaided
- Occasional set-up of tables and chairs
- Assist in loading/unloading catering vehicle
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.