Kitchen Assistant (#638)
- Hiring Range:
- $12.48 – $ Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Bargaining Unit in Dining Services
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
There is an academic year Kitchen Asssistant position available in our Dining Commond. This is third shift: 5:00pm-1:00am – every other weekend off This is an academic year position which generally includes September - May. Services may not be required when school is not in session. (i.e. fall mid-semester break, Thanksgiving recess, December recess, January term, mid-semester spring break). Qualified present employees, considered equally qualified by the College, will be given preference over external applicants for work.
Any assigned duties related to cleaning including china, glass, and silverware in dishroom, pots, dining rooms, floor cleaning, work tables, equipment and utensils. Any assignments as directed such as stock receiving, distribution, rotation, putting away stock and grocery, produce and dairy orders.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years experience in the food service industry in another college or in a high volume, quality restaurant.
- The ability to accept responsibility and willingness to exhibit initiative in the performance of duties; must be dependable, ability to communicate effectively and relate well with members of campus community;
- willingness to be flexible around scheduling and ability to perform in satisfactory manner under pressure.
- Must be proficient in written and oral communication.
- Must be able to lift/move a minimum of 20 pounds and up to a maximum of 50 pounds without restrictions.
- ServSafe certification and completion of an allegen awareness class is required.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.