Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (#684)
- Hiring Range:
- $22.09 – $ Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Environmental Health and Safety
- Search Status:
- Interviewing Candidates - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
Mount Holyoke College has a part-time, 20 hours per week, benefited, year-round position for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist. Hours are 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. This is a one-year postion.
- Manage the Science Stockroom including, package receipt, chemical inventory management, and chemical audits
- Perform compliance inspections of science laboratories
- Move laboratory hazardous waste from satellite areas to the main storage area
- Manage compliance databases and records
- Assist in developing local and state reports, permit applications
- Provide administrative support to office functions
- Associate’s degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively with the campus community
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Knowledge of chemical and biological safety
- Proficiency in UNHCEMS chemical inventory system
- Hazwoper training - 24 hour (will be required within 3 months of employment)
- IATA hazmat shipper certification (will be required within 3 months of employment)
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.