Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Mount Holyoke College. As of Monday, March 15, 2021, new vacancies are publicized on our new site, careers.mtholyoke.edu. If you are interested in viewing and applying for career opportunities, please access the new site.
If you applied for a position prior to March 15, 2021, and need to update your application, please continue to use this site.
The Human Resources and Dean of Faculty Teams are here to support you during your career search. If you have any questions, please follow up with the Human Resources Team at email@example.com or contact us at 413-538-2503 and the Dean of Faculty Office at 413-538-3093 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Coordinator (#997)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Communications & Marketing
- Search Status:
- Interviewing Candidates - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Collaborate with communications & marketing colleagues to develop, create and implement digital and social media content for Mount Holyoke College and its Alumnae Association social media channels. Present the Mount Holyoke brand appropriately and with the goal of extending the College’s reputation and reach via the College’s on-line visibility. Provide direction, guidance and support to campus partners who manage and engage in social media activity.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
● With the Associate Director of Marketing, Communications, and Social Media, monitor and maintain all College and its Alumnae Association social media channels, with a focus on but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
● Coordinate and create social media content and design collateral, schedule and post to College social media channels; act as the interface for all social media marketing channels; post engaging content tailored to varying audiences and aligned with strategic objectives.
● Proactively anticipate and execute the social media content required for communication plans and content strategy, including in support of strategic needs and goals.
● Identify and make recommendations of new and emerging social media platforms appropriate for the College. Coordinate the creation of new platforms.
● Work closely and collaboratively with the creative team on the creation and execution of guidelines for social media design collateral.
● Assist in collaboration with social media practitioners across the College to successfully implement guidelines and ensure the proper use of protocols when using social media in an official Mount Holyoke College capacity.
● Collaborate with various teams across the College on the social media components of large scale events (such as Commencement, Reunions and Orientation) and news and media releases.
● Monitor, pull, and interpret social media analytics to inform strategic direction and demonstrate the results of content and strategies.
● Social media listening: raise and summarize emerging issues and trends related to the College for review. Serve as a part of the team that advises on managing issues that emerge and/or are amplified on social media.
● Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging social media trends and platform changes and report new findings. ● Investigate and master new technologies and align their value to college marketing and communications goals. ● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor's Degree. Preferably in marketing, communications, English, public relations, journalism or a related field.
● Demonstrated fluency of social media marketing and its value, trends, issues and opportunities.
● Expert in: social media platforms currently in use such as Instagram and Instagram Stories, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn, SnapChat; Canva or Adobe Spark; and all social-support software/systems (HootSuite, Later, etc) as well as the ability and enthusiastic desire to learn new technologies as required.
● Proficient and ready to grow skills in: Adobe CS; social media marketing and content management tools (Hootsuite, Later, Trello etc.); social media platforms such as SnapChat and TikTok; and the ability and enthusiastic desire to learn other new tools, platforms, and technologies as required.
● 1-3 years experience in social media, communications, marketing, digital media and/or transferable fields.
● Experience in higher education is preferred but not required.
● Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on writing for social media platforms; strong presentation skills.
● Must be able to work within a team as well as execute tasks independently; be highly organized and detail-oriented; be able to think creatively and bring innovative solutions to marketing challenges; be able to multitask; and be able to quickly prioritize tasks and duties in a fast paced environment.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is a women's college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.