Third Class Engineer CENTRAL HEATING PLANT (#1001)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Facilities Management
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Mount Holyoke College is seeking a full time Massachusetts licensed Third Class Steam Engineer to work as part of the Facilities Management Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include the daily operation and maintenance of Central Heating Plant boilers, pumps, temperature control system and boiler water treatment as well as preventative maintenance on the associated equipment
- Possess the theory, application and experience in the operation and maintenance of power plant auxiliary equipment
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in modern power plant, operating turbine generators or steam driven chiller and with routine boiler maintenance
- Must have extensive maintenance experience on all power plant related equipment (example: pumps, turbines, boilers, etc.)
- Ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse perspectives and from varied racial, cultural, ethnic and language backgrounds.
- Must be available to work overtime
- Other duties as assigned by department manager
- Third Class Steam Engineer
- Respirator training
- Confined space training
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to perform physically arduous tasks; normal dexterity, visual acuity, and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders and scaffolding and work in confined areas
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. Activities occur inside and outside environments.
- Employee may sometimes wear safety attire (personnel protective equipment) when exposed to contaminants or hazardous conditions; possible exposure to chemicals, gases, and electrical shock
This position is a 12 hour rotating shift position during the academic year (September through May) and a day shift position Monday through Friday 6 am to 2:30 pm during the summer months.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.