Assistant Athletic Trainer (#644)
- Hiring Range:
- $42,235.00 – $ Annually
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Physical Education & Athletics
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
Full time, 12-month, staff position with eligible benefits available. Reflecting on the mission statement of Mount Holyoke College ‘to draw students from all backgrounds into an exceptionally diverse and inclusive learning community,’ applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply to further enhance the Mount Holyoke community. Position requires a non-traditional schedule to meet the needs of students and teams, including evening and weekend events; as well as some overnight travel throughout the academic year.
Responsibilities include providing athletic training services for a 14-sport NCAA Division III athletics program. The Athletic Trainer will work with the Head and Assistant Athletic Trainers in the daily operations of the Athletic Training Room and in the health management/care of student-athletes for our 14 varsity programs, club sport student-athletes (limited basis) and Dance students. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling and supervision/mentoring of athletic training aides, assistance with the inventory and purchase of supplies and equipment, and providing competition and practice coverage. Additionally, working with our staff and the MHC Health Center to manage the medical clearance policies and procedures and taking steps to becoming a Preceptor at Springfield College and Westfield University will be important.
- Bachelor's degree and BOC certification required.
- Master's degree and National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM-PES) or National Strength & Conditioning Association certification (CSCS) preferred.
- Massachusetts licensure required by starting date.
- Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to work well with athletic department members, and student-athletes as well as function effectively within the context of a competitive liberal arts NCAA Division III program with highly selective academic standards.
- Understand and utilize basic computer functions such as word processing, spreadsheets, internet search, and web-based patient medical records management.
- Assist students with health care needs and concerns by providing resources, guidance, and referral to appropriate health care providers.
Include letter of application, resume, and the names, titles, emails and phone numbers of three references. To be assured full consideration, all application materials should be received no later than March 18, 2018. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.