Senior Administrative Assistant (#690)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Miller Worley Center for the Environment
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
The Miller Worley Center for the Environment at Mount Holyoke College seeks a full-time, permanent 10-month Senior Administrative Assistant to begin August 20, 2018.
Founded in 1998, the Leslie Miller and Richard Worley Center for the Environment prepares students to think critically, creatively and globally — to tackle the world’s most complex issues as environmental leaders. The Center advances a culture of sustainability on campus and beyond as a legacy for future generations. We build connections between our campus, a world-class liberal arts college on an exceptional landscape in the heart of western Massachusetts, and learning opportunities around the globe.
Under the supervision of the Director and Associate Director, the Senior Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide support to the center director, associate director and other center staff.
- Monitor the center’s budgets and endowed funding; conduct basis analysis of expenditures and revenues and prepare monthly and annual budget reports; prepare spreadsheets, reports, process invoices and requests in a timely manner; process and provide assistance with staff travel arrangements and expenses, including direct payments and reimbursements, purchases and interoffice transfers following Mount Holyoke’s financial policies and procedures; evaluate and process grants for faculty, staff and students.
- Organize, promote and facilitate programs and events, including center meetings, invited speaker events and receptions. This includes arranging logistics, catering and transportation, publicizing and being at events and other program-specific activities to internal and external audiences, as well as making and travel arrangements for and greeting speakers.
- Conduct communications and marketing, including developing website and social media content, and maintaining the center’s website, google sites, social media accounts and other electronic resources, preparing the Center’s end-of-year report, and coordinating with the Communications office to assemble and distribute professional-quality hardcopy materials.
- Manage internship logistics, including managing records for student research and internship grants, and coordinating with the Advancement office and Career Development Center on biannual reporting to donors.
- Manage sustainability databases on campus resource use and create data representations.
- Manage an alumnae database of alumnae working in environmental fields, publicize events to alumnae and other interested parties and organize an annual alumnae event.
- Hire, train, manage, and provide support to MWCE student workers and Eco-reps.
- Manage the daily operations of the office, including meticulously maintaining and organizing historical and current electronic and print files.
- Manage center logistics, including room reservations, preparations and calendar invitations, and assemble meeting materials, including agendas, minutes, and task lists for center-hosted meetings.
- Conduct other general office tasks and clerical work. Provide general administrative support as needed.
We seek an energetic, hardworking and flexible individual who possesses excellent organizational and time-management skills. Proven technological skills with a high level of proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office suite (especially Word and Excel), Google Apps and social media are required. Graphic design experience and experience in Drupal is desirable. Three to five years of work experience in administrative support in an office environment, preferably in higher education, is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and abilities in his/her application materials:
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently on a wide variety of projects.
- Ability to prioritize work duties, and demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and transition quickly between projects to address specific situations, and to manage multiple, concurrent projects, and still meet strict deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent oral and written communication capacities, with experience creating communications as described above, and proofreading skills.
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills to maintain effective, professional, and cooperative working relationships with supervisors and coworkers, and all internal and external customers.
- Ability to interact professionally and communicate in a clear and courteous manner with a diverse community of faculty, staff, alumnae, internship hosts, and students and to manage relationships and collaborate with other college departments and offices.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, list of three professional references (to be contacted only in the final interview stage), and a professional writing sample (e.g. formal correspondence, brochures, reports, etc. that demonstrate technological and communication skills). The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications on July 1, 2018 but will accept applications until the position is filled.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.