Digital Content Strategist for Alumnae Engagement (#762)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Alumnae Association
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
The digital content strategist for alumnae engagement at the Alumnae Association of Mount Holyoke College is responsible for generating and managing the digital component of an overall integrated marketing and communications strategy. This role ensures the quality and consistency of broadcast email, social media, video, the Association website, and other electronic communications.
The digital content strategist works closely with all members of the marketing and communications team and across departments throughout the College promoting Association content, events, and services to alumnae, and in developing metric-based strategies that deploy the web to communicate with Mount Holyoke alumnae.
The digital content strategist will also write content for Association campaigns and the Alumnae Quarterly magazine in print and online by interviewing alumnae and faculty, conducting research, and collaborating with campus constituents.
The digital content strategist oversees Association broadcast emails; helps develop strategies for increasing online traffic; updates website content as needed; manages social media channels; and works with Alumnae Information Services and web development vendor to maintain the technical aspects of the website, assist in the data acquisition strategy, and help develop new modules and technical solutions.
The digital content strategist oversees a student videographer and manages the production of video content in keeping with the Association’s and College’s mission and goals.
The Alumnae Association of Mount Holyoke College is a non-profit, independent organization providing diverse programs, expertise, and resources to foster lifelong learning and empower alumnae to connect with each other and the College.
The Alumnae Association follows four core values to guide our actions and behaviors:
- Strive for Excellence
- Operate Together
- Communicate Openly
- Innovate and Create
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement online content social strategies that align with the Association’s and College’s strategic priorities and key messages
- Oversee email marketing strategy, including the monthly newsletter
- Write articles and generate story ideas for the website, campaigns, and Alumnae Quarterly
- Analyze and report out on analytics on a regular basis
- Direct and push out video content
- Update and maintain Association website
- Communicate with all members of the Mount Holyoke College community in a professional manner and present a positive image of the Association
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Collaborate and work as a team with other Association and College staff
- Manage and accurately maintain confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree required, post-graduate degree preferred
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, client relationship management software, email marketing software, HTML preferred
- Must have strong writing, editing, proofreading, and interviewing skills and the ability to adapt print content to the web and vice versa
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to manage and accurately maintain confidential information
- Requires strong time management and organizational skills
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal skills, including working effectively with people of all backgrounds
- May serve as a liaison to an Alumnae Association committee
- Some evening and weekend work required, including two reunions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 37.5 hours/week. With the exception of evening or weekend events, work must be performed in the office Monday–Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.