- Date Posted:
- Bargaining Unit in Willits-Hallowell Center
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Works under the supervision of the Executive Chef or Assistant Executive Chef. Receives direction from the Executive Chef or Assistant Executive Chef as appropriate. Must perform culinary functions, such as ala carte breakfast, lunch, all catering functions, on and off site, and any other duties assigned.
- Responsible for the kitchen operation in the absence of either supervisor.
- Prepares and cooks meats, fish, poultry, pasta, soups, sauces, salads, vegetables, and other foods, according to proper preparation methods. Consults with either supervisor on menu items of question.
- Prepares all foods, keeping consistency, quality, and appearance up to standards. Assure creative presentations are maintained and proper items are used in check with catering menus.
- Appropriately seasons and garnishes food for service.
- Organizes station, prepares prep list for menu, in accordance to the ala carte menu, daily event orders, community lunch menu and to the catering menu.
- Assist in preparation for any afternoon and evening functions.
- Preps station and event orders for following day.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area/equipment, following proper health and sanitation practices.
- Assists in and uses proper procedures for placing, receiving, and storing of orders.
- Routinely lifts/moves an average of 50 pounds.
- Refrigerates and stores all food left at the end of the meal, following proper food storage and handling procedures, correctly label and date all left over food items for storage.
- Records time and temperature logs in an accurate and consistent manner
- Maintains communication with the front of the house; ie reservations for breakfast, lunch, buffet, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (4) years’ experience in the preparation of quality food in quantity.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, with a sound understanding of the English language.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination without restrictions
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills
- Have the ability to give direction and instruct others.
- Be cooperative and willing to work with others.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks at once.
- Successfully complete Serv-Safe certification.
- Must be neat in appearance and work habits and comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law and college policy at all times.
- Comply with appropriate dress code as designated by department.
The shifts are generally 7:00 am- 3:30 pm and occasionally include some evenings or a shift in start time. This position will also work most weekends and holidays.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.