Reunion Assistant- Temporary (#788)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Alumnae Association
- Search Status:
- Interviewing Candidates - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
This is a Temporary job: Start date: February 1, 2019 End date: May 31, 2019
20 hours/week. Except during an evening or weekend event, the work must be performed in the office, Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
The purpose of this job is to provide logistical, programmatic, and communications support to the Director of Classes and Reunion. The Reunion Assistant aids with the planning, development, and implementation of two annual alumnae reunion events on campus. S/he also provides support with class communications (including email blasts, class newsletters, and class mailings).
- Coordinate with Association staff, faculty and staff of the College, with matters relating to facilities for the events including but not limited to:
- alumnae programming during reunions, including tours, receptions, back-to-class, parades and president’s state of the college address, etc.
- annual meeting of the Association
- food service and meal planning
- Coordinate with outside vendors
- Coordinate transportation schedules for both reunion events
- Plan and schedule staff meal plan
- Assist with gathering and updating information for reunion materials
- Respond to reunion volunteer requests and inquiries regarding reunion; serve as source of logistical and facilities information for alumnae in a timely manner
- Identify and coordinate production of all signs for reunion
- Assist with writing and proofing of reunion memos
- Assist the director with overseeing and analyzing reunion reports;
- Oversee assembly of reunion packets and reunion binders
- Supervise selected reunion student workers
- Schedule and oversee class reunion photos
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve as staff for the two reunion events.
- Associates degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Thorough, precise, and extremely detail-oriented
- High degree of initiative and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate productive and positive relationships with a wide variety of constituents
- Ability to handle multiple demands and remain calm and patient during times of significant activity
- Flexibility and receptivity to change
- Ability to make quick decisions and re-orient when presented with new and/or changing information
- Proficiency with current office and social media technology
- Background in academia, event planning and management, or program development helpful but not required.
- Some weekend and evening work required
- Experience working with volunteers a plus
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.