HR Employment Administrative Assistant (#790)
- Hiring Range:
- $16.65 – $ Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Human Resources
- Search Status:
- Interviewing Candidates - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
This is a part-time, 20 hours per week position. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 1pm-5pm.
The Human Resources Department is seeking a highly talented and motivated HR Employment Administrative Assistant. The position will provide administrative support and coordination in the area of Talent Acquisition. The HR Employment Administrative Assistant will support our applicant tracking system, print and online advertising and social media resources. The HR Employment Administrative Assistant will work collaboratively with MHC departments and campus community, current and prospective employees and partners in surrounding communities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Talent Acquisition Manager, the HR Employment Administrative Assistant will facilitate the daily operations of an efficient and professional HR front office and provide administrative support in the areas of Talent Acquisition. Perform a variety of complex and specialized functions including but not limited to:
- Assists with the management of the HR applicant tracking system, review and revise job descriptions, welcome letters and correspondence for candidates and new employees
- Provide MHC information, guidance and discuss employment opportunities and application procedures with prospective employees
- Review and screen resumes, applications, and EEO data to create candidate and search profiles to certify searches
- Maintain and update talent acquisition and onboarding documents
- Serve as a resource for staff & faculty searches- arrange search committees and assign search chair & committee members in the application tracking system
- Assist with the development of training materials and programs to enhance recruiting and hiring processes
- Assist with the processing of new hires and support search chairs and committee members to ensure compliance with completion and submittal of appropriate documents. Close out searches effectively and appropriately.
- Maintain staff calendars, schedule interviews and coordinate HR Benefits Briefings as appropriate
- Assist with the vetting of temporary employees in collaboration with search firms and employment agencies
- Coordinate and schedule pre-employment physicals, background checks and other types of evaluations and assessments as appropriate
- Support HR Department communications and prepare professional-quality electronic and hard copy materials, including letters & reports, print advertisement & web materials, presentations, brochures and flyers
- Assist with the creation of multimedia advertisements and resources for print and online venues, meeting deadlines, etc. to ensure the success of our Talent Acquisition strategy
- Maintain, update and create multimedia resources for distribution to: MHC jobs boards, print advertising (newspaper, EEO magazines, journals) professional associations, recruitment agencies, career centers, colleges & universities, HBCU’s & HSI’s, social media and other diverse venues to attract talent for the College
- Research and identify new sourcing and multimedia resources to promote and brand the College
- Maintain and update list of professional contacts locally, regionally and nationally
- Track and compile data and perform basic analysis. Prepare reports, presentations, and spreadsheets as needed
- Purchase office supplies, manage department card and expenses, and payments in accordance to Mount Holyoke’s financial policies and procedures
- Train and manage work-study students and coordinate front office coverage
- Other duties as assigned by the Talent Acquisition Manager
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant HR experience
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively share information and convey ideas and information to the diverse audience of MHC, staff, faculty administrators, students, vendors and visitors.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to set priorities, seek out answers and generate ideas, and show adaptability and resourcefulness in problem-solving.
- Excellent understanding of the significance of confidentiality and discretion in managing sensitive and confidential information and documents relating to employees and students
- Able to work well independently but also as part of a team
- Excellent time-management and process improvement skills
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience with web-based systems and recruiting sources, including social media, warm/cold calling, referrals, events, networking, publications, industry groups, associations, and job fairs
- Experience in training and/or supervising students preferred
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.