Floor Manager (#792)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Dining Services
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
Works under the supervision of the Associate Director. Provides direction and supervision for all hourly associates. Full time - 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Schedule varied based on covering operational hours of 7:00a – to Midnight seven days a week.
- Front of the house position
- Provide oversight of all of the dining operations:
- Community Dining Center
- Grab n’ Go
- Brew Pub
- MBWA – Manage by Walking Around
- Responsible for all aspects of customer service
- Taking care of the customer by anticipating customer needs
- Uses pre-service checklist prior to every meal
- Conducts daily pre-meal staff meeting.
- Acts a liaison between Chef Managers at station and back of the house production.
- Must be familiar with operation of all equipment & station set-up
- Ensures proper counter set up / presentation / product knowledge
- Ensures proper signage is being displayed: including digital menu boards and IPAD menus at stations.
- Oversees all aspects of dining center ambience to include: cleanliness, proper stocking of product and dishware.
- Enforces all Department rules and regulations.
- To include: Staff uniforms and professional appearance.
- Responsible for monitoring customer flow during service and moving staff where needed.
- Responsible for bringing forward all personnel concerns or issues. Administering disciplinary procedures under direction of Associate Director when necessary.
- Responsible for Informing staff of any pertinent information
- Responsible for processing all forms in a timely manner
- Participates in sick call-in rotation coverage
- Makes adjustments in staff schedules for personal days or switching shifts
- Follows proper time and attendance procedures by noting any deviations and the reasons on TCP summary sheets, making sure that all information is complete and accurate, and makes proper and justifiable adjustments in schedule to get work done
- Responsible for proper utilization and care of all equipment
- Oversees all aspects of proper and safe food preparation and handling, proper sanitation procedures.
- Conducts monthly sanitation audits
- Responsible for assisting in the training of staff in all aspects of food production procedures to include methods of preparation as well as proper utilization of appropriate equipment
- Responsible in assisting in all aspects of inventory, inventory analysis, forecasting, checking and modifying all order information, updating ACI on a regular basis and service records
- Trains all staff on the proper utilization of the various components of the FoodPro system, when job applicable
- Monitors staff to be sure that they are using and following standardized recipes
- Responsible for training all staff on proper procedure for recording accurate service record data
- Assists with recipe testing and menu development with Executive Chef & Menu Coordinator
- Will submit any recipe or menu corrections / changes to Executive Chef
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.