Senior Administrative Assistant – Office of the Dean of Faculty (#803)
- Hiring Range:
- $18.00 – $20.00 Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Dean of Faculty
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
The Office of the Dean of Faculty at Mount Holyoke College seeks a full-time, 12-month, senior administrative assistant. This position is an integral part of the administrative team and provides administrative support and coordination in the Office of the Dean of Faculty, while working collaboratively across the academic division to support the faculty and the wider Mount Holyoke community.
The Division of Academic Affairs consists of over 200 faculty and 275 staff, and supports the work of Mount Holyoke’s academic departments and programs; Athletics and the Equestrian Center; the Art Museum; the Science Center; Center for the Environment; McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives; Weissman Center for Leadership; the Office of Student Success and Advising; and LITS (Library and Information Technology Services); as well as several academic and curricular initiatives.
We seek an energetic, hardworking individual who will thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment, and who possesses excellent organizational and time-management skills. Under the supervision of the Academic Affairs Manager, the Senior Administrative Assistant will work collaboratively across the College with other departments and teams in carrying out the responsibilities listed below:
- Provide support to and collaborate with the Vice President of Academic Affairs/Dean of Faculty, two Associate Deans, and the administrative team in the Office of the Dean of Faculty.
- Be responsible for greeting guests and creating a welcoming environment. Maintain a professional demeanor at all times and exhibit tact and discretion.
- Assure pleasant, thorough, and timely response to visitors and people who contact the Office of the Dean of Faculty main phone line.
- Coordinate meetings ranging from routine to complex.
- Meticulously maintain electronic and print files.
- Assist with maintenance of the Dean of Faculty’s website, Google Sites, Jobs@MHC site, and other electronic resources.
- Maintain organization of physical spaces and office equipment. Create and submit facilities management work orders as needed.
- Enter, track, and compile data and perform basic analysis. Prepare reports, documents, and spreadsheets as needed.
- Prepare materials, compile course evaluations, and take meeting minutes.
- Assist the Academic Affairs Manager by scheduling, planning, and supporting meetings, curricular programs, and events. This will include scheduling attendees, making room reservations, ordering refreshments, setting up meeting spaces, and other tasks as needed.
- Assist the Academic Budget Manager with processing expenses, direct payments, reimbursements, and supporting and enforcing Mount Holyoke’s financial policies and procedures.
- Assist Academic Administrative Coordinator as needed.
- Assemble packets and mailings for faculty contracts.
- Perform general office tasks such as filing and other clerical work, and provide administrative support to an office staff of seven.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) and three to five years of work experience as an administrative or executive assistant.
- Preference given to those candidates with experience in an academic institution of higher education.
- Proven technological skills with a high level of proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel, and Google Apps are required. Experience working in Colleague, Business Objects, Informer, Report2Web, and WebReports a plus.
A successful Senior Administrative Assistant will demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently on a wide variety of projects.
- Ability to prioritize work duties and demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and transition quickly between projects to address specific situations, and to manage multiple, concurrent projects, and still meet strict deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good judgment in decision-making and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication capacities, with experience creating communications as described above, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and courteous manner with a diverse internal and external customer base.
- Ability to provide quality customer service in a responsive and helpful manner.
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills to maintain effective, professional, and cooperative working relationships with supervisors and coworkers, and all internal and external customers including department chairs, faculty, and staff.
- Reliable and punctual attendance, with the ability to work 8:30am-4:30pm on weekdays as well as the occasional evening.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references (to be contacted only in the final interview stage).
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.