- Date Posted:
- Staff in Library, Information & Technology Services
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
The Library, Information, and Technology Services (LITS) Division at Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing integrated information and technology services and resources that enable students, faculty, and staff to creatively and productively advance the College’s academic, administrative, and co-curricular goals.
Reporting to the Head of Administrative Computing, the Programmer/Analyst supports members of the College’s administrative staff in applying information technologies to meet their goals and business objectives. This position is a member of a high performing team that consists of project managers, systems analysts, database administrators and programmers.
This position is a member of the Technology Infrastructure and Systems Support group, which focuses on providing the technology base and its accompanying framework for the electronic resources and services that support the college. Operations within the TISS Group include data center operations, networking, website support, business intelligence, and administrative computing.
Essential Job Functions
Develop new applications and processes and perform program modifications/enhancements to the Ellucian software as requested by the administrative offices. Analyze customer business processes in order to provide the most effective, efficient solution using the available software and hardware tools. Use available development tools to create ad hoc reports and/or import or export and otherwise manipulate administrative data. Customize forms as needed in accordance with standards, including data security and accessibility requirements.
Work as part of the Administrative Computing team to assist members of the Mount Holyoke College administrative staff in applying information technology to meet their business requirements. Facilitate sharing of data among users. Assist users with various Ellucian Colleague administrative application modules including report generation, letter generation/population selection, and file manipulation.
Create and maintain program and operational documentation of both Ellucian provided and Mount Holyoke College written programs and applications supporting administrative systems.
- Stay informed with the latest developments in Ellucian, other supported software tools and applications development through attendance in seminars, training, and professional associations. Remain abreast of technology trends and relate findings to business office requirements and long range planning efforts.
- Keep abreast of new trends, tools, opportunities, and campus needs. Contribute to a continuous process of assessment to ensure the TISS Department’s success in advancing the College’s evolving goals in light of pedagogical, information, and technology changes. Assist the Director in identifying, planning, and implementing the best solutions for Mount Holyoke.
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Computing team working collaboratively to plan and achieve LITS Division goals and priorities, participate in College and Five College committees, and engage in other professional activities related to the duties of the position.
- Ensure compliance with professional and technology standards, licensure and regulatory requirements, and MHC standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of quality customer service standards responding to questions and problems.
- Develop strong working, collaborative partnerships within LITS, with the College community, Five Colleges, and others in professional affinity groups. Proactively identify, recommend, facilitate, and implement appropriate and effective policies, services, resources, support, and procedures that improve the ability of the College community to accomplish its teaching, learning, research, and administrative goals.
- Evening and weekend work, as necessary. In some circumstances, it may be important to assist during adverse weather, critical service outages, and other emergency situations to ensure essential services and service points are covered.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred, but we welcome and will consider all candidates with experience that supports the requirements of the position.
- Five or more years working as a programmer analyst using Ellucian’s Colleague software and development tools.
- Experience in support of other technical professionals.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts and issues with non-technical audiences orally and in writing.
- Experience or professional training/education with UniData or other relational databases, Colleague Studio, Envision, ELF, ODBC compliant desktop reporting tools.
Additional Qualifications desired.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server highly desirable.
- Strong record of progressively-responsible project leadership preferably in an academic environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Creativity, with a passion for supporting a collaborative and inclusive work environment. Commitment to work effectively with a diverse group of faculty, students, administrators, staff, and others.
- Maintain a professional and tactful approach in all interactions, ensuring confidentiality and an individual’s right to privacy regarding appropriate information.
- Flexibility to accept, manage and incorporate change and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel as needed to participate in consortia and professional meetings and events.
- Enthusiastic service orientation with sensitivity to the diverse needs of users at all skill levels; the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience is essential.
The physical demands of the position include:
Ability to work with computer screens and printed materials.
Ability to effectively communicate via the telephone, email, and in person.
Ability to attend meetings across campus
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.