Conference & Event Services Manager (CES Manager) (#825)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Willits-Hallowell Center
- Search Status:
- Interviewing Candidates - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
The CES Manager works with clients from initial inquiry through event execution, providing exceptional customer service. This position communicates policies, procedures, menus, pricing, and contract specifications to clients for all events and conferences, relaying event information to appropriate departmental personnel. This position works as a member of the Conference and Events Services team to provide superior hospitality through communication and follow-up with staff, clients, and guests to achieve financial, operational, and business goals.
- Consult, plan, schedule and detail assigned events/conferences and wedding ceremonies to meet client’s expectations and budgets including space requirements, timing, media services, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, and others.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate documentation, including banquet event orders, contracts, floor plans, and invoices. Manage contracts, deposits, and insurance requirements for meetings/conferences in a timely & accurate manner.
- Coordinate event details with appropriate support departments, conduct client tours as needed, and maintain continuous communication with the Catering Manager and culinary and service staff regarding customer requirements and to ensure that guest expectations are met and exceeded.
- Develop and maintain in depth knowledge of banquet/event procedures, menus, equipment, products and market competition, and be aware of current lifestyle and food trends.
- Conduct event reviews as needed with departments and organizations to insure a continued high level of service and customer satisfaction.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of staff and management, promoting and participating in a team environment
- Serves as the manager on duty at assigned events and wedding ceremonies or in the absence of the Catering Manager at the conference center.
- Assist with the creation and updating of menus, pricing, websites and policies and procedures
- Work with the Front Office Supervisor on hotel room blocks
- Provides the highest levels of customer service
- Attends all internal and external meetings as needed
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with all service providers and clients
- Other duties and assigned by the Asst. and Assoc. Directors
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Certifications, Licensure)
- Associates in Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
- 3 years of progressive experience in event planning/food and beverage sales and/or operations in a hospitality environment, preferably in management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn catering and event management software.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Self-starter who can work independently on several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work extended or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Certifications, Licensure)
Experience working with Delphi or EMS preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Balancing, carrying, pulling/pushing, repetitive movement, bending, reaching, sitting, twisting and lifting
Ability to lift 30 pounds unassisted, able to stoop or stand, and work outdoors for prolonged periods of time.
Special Instructions for Applicants
Apply online by application deadline. Application materials must include 1) a cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications, 2) a complete resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) contact information for 3 professional references.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line application, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Holyoke College is a private women’s institution of higher education with an enrollment of 2100 students with over 60 buildings comprising approximately two million square feet on a beautiful and historic campus of 175 maintained acres in Western Massachusetts.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.