Accounts Payable Specialist (#832)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Comptroller's Office
- Search Status:
- Interviewing Candidates - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
The Accounts Payable Specialist reviews and verifies invoices, check requests and travel expense reports for proper approval, accounting and tax information, before entering or uploading for processing. Responds to department and vendor inquiries, including research and resolution of discrepancies and issues. Performs other tasks related to regulatory compliance, monthly and annual closings, and training of departmental staff in AP procedures. Needs to be able to identify unusual situations and bring to the attention of the supervisor.
- Reviews and verifies invoices, check requests and travel expense reports for proper approval, accounting and tax information before entering invoices or uploading interfaces for processing
- Set vendors up for payment, maintain vendor files and W-9 forms
- Assists in preparation of Form 1099’s at close of calendar year
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts and prepare journal entries as needed
- Correspond with vendors, administrative and academic departments and respond to inquiries, researching and resolving invoice discrepancies and issues as needed.
- Assist with month end and annual closings
- Provide supporting documentation as needed for audits
- Send non-compliance notices to individuals for such things as W-9’s
- Assist and train new and existing administrative and academic departmental staff on accounts payable procedures and processes
Education and skills
- High school degree
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Excel and proficiency in data entry
- High degree of accuracy with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- One year to three years of accounts payable and/or general accounting experience
- Able to work accurately under time pressures and deadlines
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of information
- Ability to handle multiple projects/responsibilities using organizing and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Must have good judgment, as well as good communication and problem solving skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and skills
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.