Cook (2) (#850)
- Date Posted:
- Bargaining Unit in Dining Services
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
There is an academic year Cook’s position available in the community dining center. Qualified present employees, considered equally qualified by the College, will be given preference over external applicants for work.
This is an academic year position which generally includes September - May. This is a 2nd shift position. Tuesday-Saturday: 4:45pm-12:45pm. Services may not be required when school is not in session (i.e. fall mid-semester break, Thanksgiving recess, December recess, January term, mid-semester break).
Under the direction of the Executive Chef and Production Manager: Cooking, preparation for, serving of, and clean-up in connection with any meal; sanitation of entire scope of Food Service areas including utensils and equipment; assists with inventory as needed; distribution of stock, grocery, produce and dairy orders; timely communication/reporting of any problems/concerns immediately to supervisor, including any accidents that occur. Some supervision of student staff required.
- Minimum of four (4) to five (5) years experience in cooking and quantity food preparation in another college or high volume quality restaurant or equivalent.
- The ability to accept responsibility and willingness to exhibit initiative in the performance of duties; must be dependable, has the ability to communicate effectively and relate well with members of campus community; willingness to be flexible around scheduling and ability to perform in satisfactory manner under pressure. Must possess and practice good knife skills. Must be proficient in written and oral communication. Must be able to lift/move a minimum of 20 pounds and up to a maximum of 50 pounds with assistance and without restrictions. ServSafe certification and completion of an allergen awareness class is required.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.