Culinary Assistants (4) (#851)
- Date Posted:
- Bargaining Unit in Dining Services
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
This is a 33-week academic year position September – May. Services may not be required when school is not in session. (I.e. fall, mid-semester break, Thanksgiving recess, December recess, January term, mid semester spring break).
Different shifts are available.
1.Sunday/Monday: 12:15pm-8:15pm, Thursday/Friday: 7:00am-3:00pm, Saturday: 6:00am-2:00pm
2.Friday/Saturdau/Sunday: 6:00am-2:00pm, Monday/Tuesday: 11:00am-7:00pm
- Works under the supervision of the Executive Chef, Production Manager, Floor Managers & Cooks
- Sets up, prepares, garnishes, and replenishes all items in their respective stations, to include beverage area if part of their station.
- Insures all food labels and menu signage are in place and accurate before each meal.
- Maintains food & beverage supplies for all meals.
- Uses standardized recipes in the preparation of food.
- May prepare vegetables & cook pasta for use in soups, casseroles, etc.
- Responsible for recording and accuracy of Time & Temp logs and service records
- Compliant in accuracy of records/system for any future implementation of dining programs
- Assists in and uses proper procedures for receiving and storing orders.
- Refrigerates and / or stores all food left at the end of the meal following proper food storage and handling procedures.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area and keeps utensils and equipment clean and in good working order.
- Responsible for preparing and recording amounts of food as designated by computer production sheets.
- May assist with weekly inventory.
- Routinely lifts/moves an average of up to 30 pounds & up to 50 with assistance.
- Provides direction to student staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) to three (3) years experience in preparation of food in quantity in a college or high volume, quality restaurant.
- Must have general knowledge of food and operation of kitchen equipment.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and orally, with a sound understanding of the English language.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination without restrictions.
- Customer Service: Maintains an extraordinarily positive attitude in dealing with student and public.
- Must be able to give direction and instruct others.
- Willingness to participate in a Serv Safe class to obtain Food Protection Manager Certification is required.
- Must be cooperative and willing to work with others.
- ServSafe certified or willing to take and pass ServSefe course.
- Must be neat in appearance and work habits, and must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law.
- Must comply with proper dress code as designated by Department.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.