Kitchen Assistants (2) Anticipated Openings (#852)
- Date Posted:
- Bargaining Unit in Dining Services
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
This is a 33-week academic year position September – May. This is a 2nd shift position. Services may not be required when school is not in session. (I.e. fall, mid-semester break, Thanksgiving recess, December recess, January term, mid semester spring break). This position reports directly to the Executive Chef, Production Manager & Floor Managers.
Typical Duties Include:
- Operates and maintains dish machine according to proper procedures.
- Works in pot sink cleaning pots and pans.
- Responsible for recording and accuracy of Time & Temp logs along with proper PH balance of sanitizers in pot sinks and dish machine.
- Washes all pots, pans and utensils, cleans up dish return area, dining rooms and service areas following proper health and sanitation practices.
- Wipes down and washes all tables and chairs as needed, mops floors between meal periods or as needed, empties trash and compost in proper receptacles.
- Must be able to work with others, including students, as well as work alone without supervision. Assists in supervision and training of student workers.
- Responsible for emptying grease trap catch screens
- Responsible to check and change out Bag in Box bibs when needed.
- Oversees cleanliness of dehydrator room.
- Maintains the flow of dish and silverware, pots & pans from dish/Pot area to survey or back of house.
- Routinely lifts/moves an average of 30 pounds and 50 pounds with assistance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and orally, with a sound understanding of the English language.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination without restrictions.
- Must be able to lift/move an average of 50 pounds without restrictions.
- Willingness to participate in a Serv Safe class to obtain Food Protection Manager Certification is required.
- Customer Service: Maintains an extraordinarily positive attitude in dealing with students and public.
- Must be cooperative and willing to work with others.
- Must be neat in appearance and work habits, and must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law.
- Must comply with proper dress code as designated by Department.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.