Assistant Director of Student Financial Services (#854)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Student Financial Services
- Search Status:
- Search Suspended - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Student Financial Services, the Assistant Director will join a service-oriented team and will be responsible for counseling students and parents in the areas of financial aid and student accounts. They will also act as administrative computing lead for the office’s financial aid software and support data needs and reporting for financial aid and student accounts.
- Provide top level customer service, advice, and counseling to students and families as they make decisions about college planning and financing.
- Perform need analysis and award aid to a caseload of incoming and returning financial aid applicants.
- Work independently to review and award financial aid to applicants under a tight timeline. This requires some night and weekend work.
- Perform PowerFAIDs set up, testing, maintenance, packaging formulas and reports; oversee interfaces between Slate, Ellucian Colleague, and the data warehouse; and coordinate ISIR, CSS Profile and IDOC imports.
- Assist in the preparation of statistical, budget, and survey reports including IPEDS, COFHE, CDS, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of federal and institutional financial aid regulations and requirements to ensure legal, fair, and consistent administration of federal, state, and institutional financial aid funds.
- Support front of office as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree and two years financial aid experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience in the profession.
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently with careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated aptitude in customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and interact openly with individuals of different backgrounds.
- Proven ability to use multiple software systems and a high comfort level with learning new technology.
- Proven ability to set work priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Certifications, Licensure)
- Experience with PowerFAIDs and related financial aid software, including COD, NSLDS, Informer for Ellucian, SAP BusinessObjects.
- Experience with Institutional Methodology and need analysis.
- Counseling experience in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge of Federal Title IV and state regulations.
- Proficiency in Spanish or Mandarin.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Extended time on computer.
Must comply with all federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies related to financial aid.
Special Instructions for Applicants
Apply online by application deadline. Application materials must include 1) a cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications, 2) a complete resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) contact information for 3 professional references.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.