Assistant Director of Admission (#857)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Admission
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
Mount Holyoke College is a highly selective, non-denominational, residential women’s college. The oldest of the Seven Sister colleges, we are a noted leader in liberal arts education with a mission grounded in the conviction that women can – and should – make a difference in the world.
Mount Holyoke attracts ambitious and independent-minded students to our inclusive and socially conscious community of approximately 2,200 students, who hail from nearly all 50 states and 74 countries. One of the most diverse liberal arts institutions in the U.S., the College combines rigorous, innovative academics with embedded career experiences that prepare students for leadership on a global scale. Our graduates are consistently recognized for doing groundbreaking work – in all fields, on all continents, and in a vast array of languages. Read more about Mount Holyoke here.
The Office of Admission at Mount Holyoke College is looking for a versatile professional to join our team as an Assistant Director. We boast a team of experienced staff who work collaboratively to achieve goals. The Assistant Director will coordinate admission event planning and execution, maintain a travel and application reading territory, and contribute to a variety of recruitment, selection and yield initiatives.
- Coordination of recruitment and yield events. Participate in divisional event team planning, execution and evaluation of campus visit programs. Coordinate event logistics with staff from other college departments and with external vendors.
- Oversee a domestic travel territory; cultivate and evaluate students from that geographic area with particular emphasis on a diverse and inclusive applicant pool.
- Travel approximately 8 weeks yearly on behalf of the Admission Office.
- Represent the college nationally, and if required, internationally, at high schools and other recruitment venues, to staff college fairs, conduct interviews, deliver group information sessions, and represent the college at off-campus events.
- Review and evaluate applications using MHC’s holistic review and rating system. Participate in ratings review committee.
- Host virtual events, such as Skype interviews and chats during the application and yield cycle.
- Represent the Admission Office on campus-wide committees.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
Frequently perform desk based computer tasks. Occasionally lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds. Occasionally stand for a few hours - at a college fair or giving a presentation.
Regular work week but will require additional evening and weekend work as necessary, especially during peak travel and application review seasons. Additional travel may be required to attend events, for professional development training, or professional association meetings.
- Experience working in a selective college/university admission environment is required
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the mission of women’s colleges.
- Ability to work collegially and effectively with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and visitors on a daily basis.
- Superior oral, analytic and written communication skills; effective public speaking; an ability to engage with large audiences of prospective students, families, and college counselors.
- An understanding of the liberal arts and an ability to communicate their value clearly, cogently, and confidently.
- Anticipates and effectively handles change; demonstrates willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with project management.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office and Google products required, experience with Technolutions Slate CRM preferred.
- A current, valid unrestricted US driver’s license and passport (or passport eligibility).
Required: Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of 2 years in admission recruitment or events or related experience.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.