Budget Analyst (#858)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Treasurer's Office
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Mount Holyoke College is seeking applications for the position of Budget Analyst. This is a part-time position designed to support the Budget Director in the Treasurer’s Office.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: analyzing budgetary data, budgetary requests and interpreting and applying budget guidelines as well as developing and creating various adhoc reports.
- Assist in the College's annual budget process. Compilation of budget submissions from across the campus to ensure all requests are presented for consideration.
- Assist in the development of reports and presentations for communicating budget and other financial information to various audiences.
- Serve as budget liaison to campus departments for financial and budgetary training and analytical needs.
- Update Lawson system with final budget entry, budget transfers and maintenance of current year budget.
- Recommend budget policy and develops guidelines.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Three to five years of budget experience.
- Proven experience with and broad knowledge of college policies and procedures, including budgeting principles, practices, and procedures to assist in budget development and analysis, and knowledge of accounting principles and practices as they apply to purchase orders, accounts payable, expense reimbursement, and transfers of funds.
- Superb office and technological skills with a high level of proficiency in Google Apps, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office suite is required, especially proficiency in Excel and ability to create complex spreadsheets and reports.
- Experience reading and analyzing budget reports and financial statements.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work duties, and demonstrates effective time management skills; ability to multi-task and transition quickly between priorities to address specific situations, and to manage multiple, concurrent projects, and still meet strict deadlines.
- Independently deal with sensitive information tactfully. Good judgment, experience working with confidential records and information, and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and techniques, and a proven track record of accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills to maintain effective, professional, and cooperative working relationships with supervisors and coworkers, and all internal and external customers including department chairs, faculty, and staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in a clear and courteous manner with a diverse internal and external customer base. Ability to provide quality customer service in a responsive and helpful manner.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.