Coordinator of Fimbel Maker & Innovation Lab (#868)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Physics
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
The Fimbel Maker & Innovation Lab at Mount Holyoke College seeks a half-time Coordinator to work 20 hours per week.
Fimbel Lab is a new facility on campus that enables the students, faculty, and staff of Mount Holyoke to turn ideas into tangible reality, providing hands-on learning opportunities that can empower and inspire the students. We house both rapid prototyping tools (e.g. 3D printers and laser cutters) as well as traditional wood and metal working tools. We are not affiliated with any academic department and strive for a welcoming environment where everyone feels at home, regardless of background and level of experience. As a new facility, we are seeking to add a member to our team who is detail oriented to assure the smooth functioning of the space, proactive in identifying new opportunities, and able to provide a welcoming environment to all our users. We seek an energetic, hardworking individual who will thrive in our “start-up” environment, and who possesses excellent organizational and time-management skills. Comfort with spreadsheet applications and the willingness to learn new software and technology are required. The Coordinator will support the Fimbel Lab technical staff and design mentors, under the supervision of the Director.
- Process expenses, direct payments, and reimbursements, following Mount Holyoke’s financial policies and procedures.
- Monitor annual budget and prepare budget requests and reports
- Manage the hiring and scheduling of student workers
- Greet users and answer questions at the front desk, creating a welcoming environment
- Manage communications and scheduling with internal and external users
- Assist the Fimbel Lab staff with planning and supporting programs and events
- Update the information on the website
- Maintain the user database
- Draft annual reports and other documentation
- Draft posters to advertise events
- Draft social media and digital signage posts
- Track and compile data and perform basic analysis on use and effectiveness of the space
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills to maintain an inclusive and welcoming environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently, on a wide variety of projects
- Ability to prioritize work duties and demonstrate effective time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and transition quickly between projects to address specific situations, and to manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good judgment in decision-making
- Excellent oral and written communication capacities, with experience creating communications as described above, as well as proofreading skills
- Comfort with spreadsheet applications and the willingness to learn new software and technology (Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Experience monitoring and reconciling budgets will be a plus.
- A maker background is an added bonus
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.