Skilled Laborer (#877)
- Date Posted:
- Bargaining Unit in Facilities Management
- Search Status:
- Interviewing Candidates - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Mount Holyoke College has a full-time, 40 hours per week, year-round opening in its Facilities Management Department for a Skilled Laborer.
Work under the supervision of the Stockroom Supervisor.
The primary focus of this position is expected to be material delivery, inventory control, event setups, and furniture moving. Participation in the snow removal program, during normal working hours and in addition to normal working hours, is an essential requirement of this position. Other duties include perform routine inspections, floor maintenance, grounds work and any of the other tasks assigned to any of the Skilled Laborer team members.
Preference may be given to applicants who have some experience working in a college or university setting and who recognize the requirements and constraints of working in such settings. Preference may also be given to candidates who, in their work experience, have demonstrated leadership qualities and both a willingness and ability to give direction to others. Most importantly, preference will be given to individuals who have demonstrated in their work experience, an ability to safely lift relatively heavy materials by themselves and with co-workers.
This position requires an enthusiasm to perform a broad spectrum of job duties (sometimes in inclement weather); the ability to work effectively as an individual and as a member of a team; and availability for overtime and call-in assignments. In addition, the successful candidate should display a willingness to work with other departments on an as-needed assigned basis.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Balancing, carrying, pulling/pushing, grasping, repetitive movement, standing, bending, reaching, sitting, twisting and lifting.
- Ability to physically perform manual tasks, climb stairs, lift, climb ladders, and bend.
- Ability to lift (50) pounds unassisted, able to stoop or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- May have contact with chemicals and fumes, wet or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme weather related to heat or cold.
- Must occasionally work in high and precarious places.
- Operate machinery, riding mowers, snow blowers, small engines, electrical and portable hand tools, and handling sharp objects.
- Noise level in some work environments can occasionally be loud.
- Must be able to obtain your Genie Lift certification.
- Must be driver credentialed and operate College vehicles.
Interested applicants should apply online at https://jobs.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to multicultural awareness and cultural diversity in its faculty, staff and students.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.