Dish Room Steward/Supervisor–Dining Services (#883)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Academic Deans
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
This is a 33-week academic year position September – May. Services may not be required when school is not in session. (I.e. fall, mid-semester break, Thanksgiving recess, December recess, January term, mid-semester spring break). This position reports directly to the Executive Chef, Production Manager & Dining Managers.
- Oversees the operations & sanitation of dish room, pot sinks, floor drains & dehydrator areas.
- Responsible for the training of full time and student staff in all aspects of dish room procedures & protocol.
- Develops, maintains and oversees all cleaning schedules and procedures pertaining to dish room, pot sinks, floor drains, recycling/trash rooms, dish machine, conveyor belt, grease traps and dehydrator areas.
- Oversees the maintenance and inventory of all chemical closets.
- Responsible for deliming dish machine
- Responsible for overseeing the recording and accuracy of Time & Temp logs along with proper PH balance of sanitizers in pot sinks and dish machine.
Other Duties and oversite Include:
- Operates and maintains dish machine according to proper procedures.
- Works in Pot sink cleaning pots and Pans.
- Responsible for recording and accuracy of Time & Temp logs along with proper PH balance of sanitizers in pot sinks and dish machine.
- Washes all pots, pans and utensils, cleans up dish return area, dining rooms and service areas following proper health and sanitation practices.
- Wipes down and washes all tables and chairs as needed, mops floors between meal periods or as needed, empties trash and compost in proper receptacles.
- Must be able to work with others, including students, as well as work alone without supervision. Assists in supervision and training of student workers.
- Responsible for empting grease trap catch screens
- Responsible to check and change out Bag in Box bibs when needed.
- Oversees cleanliness of dehydrator room.
- Maintains the flow of dish and silverware, pots & pans from dish/Pot area to survey or back of house.
- Routinely lifts/moves an average of 30 pounds, #50 with assistance.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and orally, with a sound understanding of the English language.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination without restrictions.
- Must be able to lift/move an average of 50 pounds without restrictions.
- Willingness to participate in a Serv Safe class to obtain Food Protection Manager Certification is required.
- Customer Service: Maintains an extraordinarily positive attitude in dealing with student and public.
- Must be cooperative and willing to work with others.
- Must be neat in appearance and work habits, and must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law.
- Must comply with proper dress code as designated by Department.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.