P/T Receiver Clerk (#885)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Dining Services
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
This is a 33-week academic year position September – May. Services may not be required when school is not in session. (I.e. fall, mid-semester break, Thanksgiving recess, December recess, January term, mid semester spring break). This is a 25 hrs. per week, Tuesday through Saturday 8:00a-1:00p position. This position reports directly to the Executive Chef or Production Manager.
Typical Duties Include:
- In absents of full time clerk, fills in if needed.
- Receives all in-coming orders according to proper receiving procedures.
- Checks invoices of incoming stock against order received
- Puts product away in respective designated locations in a timely manner
- Review transfer requests from previous night with Executive Chef or Production Manager
- Using stock sheet –gather and organize stock for Dining stations, Brew/Pub & Grab & Go.
- Review and communicate with Exec. Chef or Production Manager any shorts that were called in or that will not be covered by the next day transfers or deliveries
- Organize storage area, walk in & freezer
- Receive incoming orders:
- Take note of any low, out of stock or excessive items
- Check needs and orders in FoodPro to determine if any low or missing product.
- Communicate with Exec. Chef or Production Manager any immediate needs.
- Gather and pull product for thaws and pre-production
- Issue Stock that is above the needs that were forecasted, verity any shorts it may lead to and notify Exec. Chef or Production Manager.
- Maintains clean and organized storage & receiving area
- Organize prepared product for distribution to stations
- Modify deliveries in FoodPro with Exec. Chef’s approval.
- Data entry – input invoices with Exec. Chef’s approval.
- Responsible for taking inventory on weekly basis as directed by Exective Chef or Production Manager
- Must be able to work with others, including students, as well as work alone without supervision. Assists in training student workers where needed.
- Routinely lifts/moves an average of 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned by Exec. Chef or Production Manager
- Must have good communication skills, both written and orally, with a sound understanding of the English language.
- Must possess basic computer skills – familiarity with Food Management System preferred
- Must be able to pass a physical examination without restrictions.
- Must be able to lift/move an average of 50 pounds without restrictions.
- Willingness to participate in a Serv Safe class to obtain Food Protection Manager Certification is required.
- Must be cooperative and willing to work with others. Must be neat in appearance and work habits, and must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law.
- Must comply with proper dress code as designated by Department.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.