Records & Services Specialist (#887)
- Hiring Range:
- $17 – $17.50 Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Registrar
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
Mount Holyoke College is seeking candidates for the full-time non-exempt position of Records and Services Specialist in the Office of the Registrar. We seek an energetic, hard-working, detail-oriented individual who will thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, as is the ability to quickly learn and retain new procedures and policies.
The Office of the Registrar:
- maintains the academic and demographic records of students including course enrollments, grades, transfer credit awards, and academic exceptions
- issues related official academic documents such as transcripts, diplomas, and verifications
- coordinates related processes such as registration and final exam administration
- communicates and enforces academic and administrative policies
- tracks and confirms undergraduate students’ status in relation to the College’s graduation requirements
- maintains the curriculum records and catalog of the college, such as course records and each semester’s schedule of classes, including room scheduling.
The Records and Services Specialist position is key to our office team, answering a high volume of inquiries from a broad base of faculty, students, administrators, parents and others, providing high-volume data entry support for many of the processes above, and providing clerical assistance to others on the team in support of all of the office’s responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Associate Registrar, the Records and Services Specialist will:
- field and respond to in-person, telephone, and email inquiries for information about academic and administrative policies and procedures;
- provide transcripts, certification letters, and other verifications of degree conferral and/or attendance;
- complete extensive, meticulous, and varied data entry into the student data system, other systems, and spreadsheets;
- coordinate and assist with office business processes, such as final exam administration, registration, and five-college interchange registration;
- purchase office supplies, mailing services, and other items as needed; complete deposit and reconciliation paperwork; and complete other basic administrative financial tasks in accordance with Mount Holyoke’s financial policies and procedures
- work closely with other members of the Registrar’s team, lending assistance with routine and project work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant records-administration experience. Work experience in higher education is preferred.
- Accuracy and organization in completing detailed tasks
- Excellent communication skills – both orally and in writing – to explain and enforce policies and procedures with clarity and tact
- Strong Word and Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and transition quickly between projects to address specific situations, and to manage multiple, concurrent priorities, and still meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the campus community
- Excellent interpersonal skills and interest in working in a team environment
- Confidentiality and discretion in managing sensitive and confidential information and documents relating to students
- Energy and good humor in a busy environment; and
- Good judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Limited and scheduled weekend and evening work required at certain times of the year.
- Must be able to move boxes of office supplies and paper records, occasionally up to 45 pounds, as needed.
We offer a positive and professional work environment and an attractive compensation and benefits package. Interested applicants should apply at https://jobs.mtholyoke.edu with a cover letter, resume, and application.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.