Catering Driver (#912)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Willits-Hallowell Center
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
Function: To deliver, set-up and take down off premise catered functions, adhering to the standards established by management. To set up meeting and dining rooms for all events. Work schedule is approximately 30 hours a week;52 weeks per year. The ideal candidate must be able to complete and effectively perform the job duties and responsibilities for the Catering Driver position with fidelity.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To deliver, set-up and take down off premise catering functions involving food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Maintains clean and orderly work areas, equipment, storerooms and catering vehicle, following Serve Safe standards.
- Read and interpret event orders to determine set-ups and equipment needs
- Receive and put away orders as needed
- Work with the Kitchen assistants on general cleaning, dishwashing as needed.
- Set up and take down meeting and dining room sets, including dance floor installation
- Ability to set-up and take down audio-visual equipment in meeting rooms, as needed
- Work independently, exercise sound judgment and be self-directed in the performance of daily duties
- Responsible for the opening and closing shift side work and daily projects as designated by supervisors
- Communicate effectively with guests and co-workers
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance
- Executes directives from supervisors and other duties assigned by a manager
- Physical labor required in performing most duties in this position
- Complies with all college safety and risk management policies
- Flexibility to work extended or irregular hours that includes nights, days, weekends, and holidays.
- Complies with appropriate dress code as designated by department
- Previous catering and/or experience in the hospitality industry preferred. Excellent interpersonal and customer contact skills.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 60 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time and reach, bend, stoop, push, pull and maneuver stairs on a regular basis.
- Must have Mass Driver’s license and an excellent driving record. CDL not required. Must be able to pass DOT physical.
- Ability to work outside as needed in all weather conditions.
Supervision received: Directly from Catering Manager. General direction from other WHC managers.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.