Administrative Assistant (#921)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Office of Student Success
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide administrative support to the Office of Student Success and Advising with specific responsibilities to the Fellowships program and the academic deans.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering phones
- Greeting students and guests who arrive at the Office of Student Success and Advising for appointments
- Email and letter correspondence with students, faculty, and staff
- Tracking and recording outcomes associated with college processes overseen by the office (eg., Fellowship applications, verification requests)
- Data entry
- Calendar management assistance for the Dean of Studies
- Supervision of student workers
- Budget management support for department budgets
- Purchasing and oversight around office supplies and needs
- Clerical duties
- Other related tasks
- Provide support as needed to student success coordinator
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Facility with spreadsheets
- Comfort working with confidential information
- Knowledge of student information systems (Colleague) a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability to new or unfamiliar situations
- Team player
- Semi-private space on 3rd floor of Mary Lyon
Effective January 1, 2020 all new hires will be required to complete the background check process prior to commencing their Service Activity (employment) with the College. All offers of employment and continued employment at Mount Holyoke College are contingent upon satisfactory results of thorough background checks. For additional information about the Mount Holyoke College Background Check Policy, please visit Background Checks.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.