Application Second Reader (#923)
- Hiring Range:
- $19.00 – $21.00 Hourly
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Admission
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
The Mount Holyoke College Office of Admission is seeking application readers for the 2019-2020 reading cycle. This part-time, temporary position assists in the holistic review of the first year application. Readers will be doing a secondary review of the application following the territory manager/first reader, and they will complete a short written summary of each application. Readers will review applications for admission in their entirety. Application components include the main application, a Mount Holyoke Supplement, teacher recommendations, transcript, school report, interview report, and other documents submitted. All reading and review is web-based and completed on a flexible schedule of 15-20 hours per week throughout the 10 week reading season (late December - February). Readers will be assigned 400-500 applications. Readers will complete technical training on navigating the web-based reading software (Slate) and on the criteria used in the overall evaluation process. These training sessions will take place on campus during the first two weeks of December. Application readers will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Bachelor’s degree required, plus 2-3 years of graduate school or professional work experience.
- College admission experience strongly preferred.
- Understanding of a liberal arts education is preferred.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Well-developed computer skills and solid writing and analytical abilities.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and time management skills. We are looking for candidates who can read carefully and quickly.
- An understanding of the values of equity and inclusion and sensitivity to the experiences of underrepresented students.
We cannot consider those who are current admission professionals (such as high school guidance counselors and in most cases, independent consultants), the parents, guardians, or immediate family members of a high school senior who plans to apply to Mount Holyoke, or current employees of Mount Holyoke.
Hiring Range: $19-$21/hour
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.