HR Employee Development Specialist (#925)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Human Resources
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
This position has a primary focus on employee relations, retention, development and talent management. Work within the entire talent life cycle to strengthen employee engagement from onboarding to professional development maintaining alignment with organizational objectives and DEI goals. Work with Talent Manager and AVP of HR to develop and implement key strategic initiatives that strengthen the talent system, create a culture of performance, employee development and retention. Participate in campus committees and working groups to provide input and recommendations related to talent. Represent the HR Department and add value as a trusted partner within the MHC campus community.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with managers on employee relations issues; serve as a resource on HR related issues; effectively communicate HR policies and procedures for staff, faculty, unionized work groups and other community members; oversee progressive discipline process to increase employee success and productivity; understand organizational operations and work closely with other departments to be a resource for employees to resolve issues that negativity impact the MHC community. Consult with and refer issues to the Talent Manager and AVP of HR as appropriate.
- Promote employee development and skill-building at all levels within the institution; support the performance management process; help to identify employee training needs and assist in the development and evaluation of training options that address the needs of a multifaceted and diverse staff in meeting development objectives.
- Coordinate and manage the College’s leadership development program including maintaining positive relationships with facilitators, development and communication of training materials based on identified objectives, managing the participant experience and evaluating and monitoring training effectiveness. Develop and maintain educational support materials and programs. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement in ongoing programs.
- Plan, organize, and implement a range of training and development activities for departments and hiring managers related to employee engagement, development and retention to better support and meet the needs of their employees.
- Actively provide coaching as a means to improve communication and enhance feedback loops between supervisors and supervisees.
- Develop and implement multi-stage processes and initiatives focused on employee retention.
- Assist in the on-boarding and off-boarding of staff.
- Create, manage, and analyze exit surveys and attrition trends to make recommendations to support continuous improvement, engagement and retention of staff.
- Promote a positive work environment that embraces the College's vision and strategic mission; serve as champion of initiatives designed to develop and sustain the College’s culture.
- Participate in campus personnel related committees or working groups; provide input and recommendations for the administration of personnel on the campus.
- Perform other related duties and projects, as assigned by the Talent Manager and Associate VP of Human Resources.
- 7+ years of directly related experience in human resources. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Employee Relations or related field preferred.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to successfully promote a work environment that values the principles of the MHC community and supports respectful interactions.
- Strong active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Creativity and flexibility in approaching unique problems as well as an understanding of the wider organizational context in which these problems must be addressed.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with staff at all levels of an organization; a comfort in working effectively with culturally diverse groups of individuals and the able to successfully manage the dynamic and differing needs, interests and viewpoints of multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proven ability to interpret and apply organizational policies and develop project scope and implement solutions; an ability to make critical decision and effective recommendations with an understanding of the “big picture perspective.”
- Sound judgement and the ability to handle confidential information and documents with a high degree of discretion.
- Proven ability to interact effectively within a dynamic team oriented environment; must be able to work under pressure and respond effectively to changes in the environment.
- Must have solid experience utilizing current technologies including Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Google Docs, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of HRIS systems, Application Tracking Systems, and Survey and Forms documents.
- Must also have a working knowledge of human resources practices including local and federal laws.
- A demonstrated commitment to staying ahead of the curve on best practices in the HR field.
COMPLIANCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS/CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the College will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. About MHC: Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.