- Date Posted:
- Bargaining Unit in Dining Services
- Search Status:
- Search Suspended - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
- Works under the supervision of the Bakery Manager. Receives direction from the Manager as appropriate.
- In the absence of the Bakery Manager, may be called upon to:
- Provide direction and supervision for all bakery personnel
- Coordinate the timing between the two prep areas, the proofing station and the ovens.
- Check food service software computer program and submit all orders
- Complete and submit any accident forms for any accident that occurs
- Assists other bakers with general preparation and production.
- Assists in preparation of food by any of the following methods, according to directions:
- Scaling ingredients for all bakery products
- Shaping or panning ingredients
- Uses standardized recipes and production sheets in the preparation of all food.
- Assists in and uses proper procedures for placing, receiving, and storing orders.
- Refrigerates and / or stores all food following proper food storage and handling procedures.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area and keeps utensils and equipment clean and in good working order.
- Assists in taking weekly inventory.
- Responsible for preparing and recording amounts of food as designated by computer production sheets.
- May assist in packing bakery orders if necessary.
- Reports/communicates any problems or concerns to Bakery Manager in a timely manner.
- Routinely lifts/moves an average of 50 pounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a high volume commercial bakery or college setting.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be willing to be flexible with work schedule to respond to the varying needs of the operation.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and orally, with a sound understanding of the English language. Basic computer skills desirable.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and up to a maximum of 75 pounds without restrictions.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination without restrictions.
- Must be able to give direction and instruct others.
- Must be cooperative and willing to work with others.
- Must be neat in appearance and work habits, and must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law.
- Must be or willing to be ServSafe certified.
- Must comply with proper dress code as designated by Department.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.