Admission Coordinator (#936)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Admission
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
The Office of Admission is hiring an admission coordinator who will support many facets of the fast-paced work of college admission. This person will work collaboratively with his or her colleagues and will have contact with a range of populations including any of the following: prospective students and their parents, high school guidance counselors, current MHC students, faculty and staff, alumnae, and external vendors.
A member of a multi-person admin team, the successful candidate will share in other tasks with fellow admission coordinator colleagues. These include data entry of prospective students and applicant materials; verification of data imported electronically into the college’s student information system; fielding questions about MHC’s application process from the public via phone and email; assisting in the preparation for prospective student open houses, and other duties as assigned. In addition, this person will serve as a backup receptionist, answering phones and greeting visitors in the office’s lobby when the primary receptionist is unavailable.
- An Associate’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in administrative work is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be highly organized, efficient, adaptable in an environment with multiple priorities and systems, reliable and resourceful.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, expert proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Word and Excel, and mail merges.
- Able to utilize documentation in conjunction with training to master processes; exercise good judgment; and utilize problem-solving skills.
- Qualified candidates must be able to grasp a big-picture understanding of the demands and challenges of the Admission Office and be able to adjust their work to accommodate the varied circumstances of MHC’s diverse applicant pool appropriately.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A sense of humor, cooperative spirit and flexibility are essential characteristics of the successful candidate. A limited amount of evening and weekend work is expected.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.