HR Administrative Assistant PT (#952)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Human Resources
- Search Status:
- Search Is Open - Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- Would you like to apply for this position?
Provide administrative support to the HR department, facilitate the daily operations of an efficient and professional HR front office and maintain administrative responsibilities in talent acquisition.
This is a part-time, 22.5 hours per week position.
The schedule for this position is currently Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform a variety of specialized functions including but not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the human resources department and the Talent Manager and AVP of HR in particular.
- Ensure a high level of customer service at the front desk reception area, on the telephone and in written and other communications.
- Maintain staff calendars, schedule interviews/appointments and coordinate HR Benefits Briefings and other meetings as appropriate.
- Provides support for HR functions such as record keeping/ filing, unemployment processing, the applicant tracking system, posting and advertising of open positions, coordination of interviews, review and update job descriptions.
- Create welcome letters, personnel files, file documents and correspondence for candidates, current and new employees and close searches effectively and appropriately.
- Provide MHC information, guidance and discuss employment opportunities and application procedures with prospective, current and past employees.
- Support HR Department communications and prepare professional-quality electronic and hard copy materials, including letters & spreadsheets, print advertisements, web materials, presentations, brochures and flyers.
- Provide support on special projects and various HR events during the year.
- Assist with the processing of candidates and new hires and support search chairs and committee members to ensure compliance and completion of appropriate documents.
- Serve as a resource for staff & faculty searches- arrange search committees and assign search chair & committee members in the application tracking system
- Manage and update postings for distribution to: MHC jobs board, diverse sourcing contacts, professional associations, recruitment agencies, career centers, colleges & universities, affinity groups, HBCU’s & HSI’s, social media and other diverse venues to attract talent to the College.
- Maintain and update list of professional contacts locally, regionally and nationally.
- Coordinate and schedule pre-employment physicals, background checks and other types of evaluations and assessments as appropriate.
- Maintain overall knowledge of HR Department processes with the ability to consistently identify process improvements whether small or large.
- Track and compile data and perform basic analysis. Prepare and/or maintain reports, presentations, and spreadsheets as needed.
- Purchase office supplies, assist with the management of department card, expenses, and payments in accordance to Mount Holyoke’s financial policies and procedures.
- Train and oversee the day to day work of student employees. Coordinate and ensure front office coverage.
- Other duties as assigned by the Talent Manager
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience preferred, or combination of education and relevant HR experience.
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems or similar systems.
- Strong level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Access, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively share information and convey ideas and information to the diverse audience of MHC staff, faculty administrators, students, vendors and visitors.
- Reliability, excellent organizational, interpersonal skills and a high degree of attention to detail.
- Able to set priorities, seek out answers and generate ideas, and show adaptability, initiative, and resourcefulness in problem-solving.
- Excellent understanding of the significance of confidentiality and discretion in managing sensitive and confidential information and documents relating to employees and students.
- Tact and discretion in all communications.
- Maintain a high level of professionalisms when addressing and assisting students, faculty, staff and prospective employees.
- Able to work well independently and as a team player.
- Experience training and/or supervising students preferred.
COMPLIANCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS/CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the College will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Effective January 1, 2020 all new hires will be required to complete the background check process prior to commencing their Service Activity (employment) with the College. All offers of employment and continued employment at Mount Holyoke College are contingent upon satisfactory results of thorough background checks. For additional information about the Mount Holyoke College Background Check Policy, please visit Background Checks.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.