Event Services Manager (#954)
- Date Posted:
- Staff in Willits-Hallowell Center
- Search Status:
- Position Filled - not Accepting Applications
- Apply Now:
- We are not accepting applications for this position at this time.
Event Services Manager
The ES Manager works with clients from initial inquiry through event execution, providing exceptional customer service. This position communicates policies, procedures, menus, pricing, and contract specifications to clients for all events and conferences, relaying event information to appropriate departmental personnel. This position works as a member of the Events Services team to provide superior hospitality through communication and follow-up with staff, clients, and guests to achieve financial, operational, and business goals.
- Consult, plan, schedule and detail assigned events/conferences and wedding ceremonies to meet client's expectations and budgets including space requirements, timing, media services, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, and others.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate documentation, including banquet event orders, contracts, floor plans, and invoices. Manage contracts, deposits, and insurance requirements for meetings/conferences in a timely & accurate manner.
- Coordinate event details with appropriate support departments, conduct client tours as needed, and maintain continuous communication with the Catering Manager and culinary and service staff regarding customer requirements and to ensure that guest expectations are met and exceeded.
Develop and maintain in depth knowledge of banquet/event procedures, audio visual setup/operation, menus, equipment, products and market competition, and be aware of current lifestyle and food trends.
- Conduct event reviews as needed with departments and organizations to insure a continued high level of service and customer satisfaction.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of staff and management, promoting and participating in a team environment
- Serves as the manager on duty at assigned events and wedding ceremonies or in the absence of the Catering Manager at the conference center. Assist with the creation and updating of menus, pricing, websites, policies and procedures
- Maintain and manage hotel room blocks in conjunction with the Front Office Supervisor
- Provides the highest levels of customer service
Attends all internal and external meetings as needed
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with all service providers and clients
- Other duties and assigned by the Asst. and Assoc. Directors
Directly supervise- Student Conference Assistants
- Associates in Hospitality Management of related field experience 3 years of progressive experience in event planning/food and beverage sales and/or operations in a hospitality environment, preferably in management.
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn catering and event management software. Experience working with Delphi or EMS preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Self-starter who can work independently on several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work extended or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Balancing, carrying, pulling/pushing, repetitive movement, bending, reaching, sitting, twisting and lifting,
- Ability to lift 30 pounds unassisted, able to stoop or stand, and work outdoors for prolonged periods of time.
Effective January 1, 2020 all new hires will be required to complete the background check process prior to commencing their Service Activity (employment) with the College. All offers of employment and continued employment at Mount Holyoke College are contingent upon satisfactory results of thorough background checks. For additional information about the Mount Holyoke College Background Check Policy, please visit Background Checks.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to enriching the educational experience it offers through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff members. Mount Holyoke seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the college's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society. In furtherance of institutional excellence, the College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including faculty, staff, and administration of color, diverse gender identities, first generation college students and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college, and individuals with a demonstrated leadership commitment to including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.